GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thanks For The Memories

KS GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 R Lapis BlueDSG
Hello all-
I read this forum regularly, but, haven't had much to comment about.

But, this will be my last post as I've traded in my '19 R on a 2024 BMW 330i X drive. The R taught me the value of 4 wheel drive and the benefits of 'adequate' horsepower. Thus, my new steed. Similar to the Lapis Blue and has an auto trans. Saddle interior, so no more black on black.

I've learned a lot on this forum and give thanks for all who post here. Best to all.

Bob.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Congrats.....enjoy!

19birel

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 - MK4 - B8.5
Congrats on the new car! The 3er is fantastic and it sounds like you chose a great spec-similar to Lapiz sounds like you went with Portimao Blue which means M-Sport as well, lovely combo over Cognac!

...excuse by moment of BMW nerdism 😅

geokilla

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI DSG

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Sorry to see you go, tell me you got the 6-cylinder. :)
Yea that's a 4 cyl. You have to step up to 340 model to get 6 cylinders. The 4's are still quite peppy though. All of mine were 6 cyl version, but I drove my buddy's 330 and it was quite nice.

OP good luck to you and the new whip. I miss my last 335i M sport, a 2013. To date the best 4 door sedan I have ever driven.

KS GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 R Lapis BlueDSG
Guess I can add one more post due to all the nice comments.
As noted, my car is the 2L. 4cylinder with twin turbos. Only 255 hp, but, seems to run well. On my normal driving the last 24hrs. I noticed the ave. mpg was a bit over 30! And, that includes sitting at the dealers getting overwhelmed by all the available tech. Glad my granddaughter is visiting!

Thanks for the comments, you guys are great!

Bob.

Kart17

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport
All the best! Enjoy the B48 it’s a very good engine that’s a benchmark especially in NVH for a 4 cyl.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
As noted, my car is the 2L. 4cylinder with twin turbos. Only 255 hp, but, seems to run well.
Congrats!

I'm not familiar with BMW in the least, so what's the idea behind a twin turbo 4 cylinder? Two smaller turbos for faster spool? I just did a quick Google and saw their terminology is TwinPower Turbo, is that something different? Someone educate me so I don't have to do research haha.

DIB's

Car(s)
'21 DIB GTI SE MK7.5
Think more along the lines of twin scroll..... It's just a single turbo
just fancy marketing from BMW

-has my GTI, but also have a hooligan of a 135, and The Wife drives an X1 with the 4 cyl (E84/N52/JB4)