GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ThatGTI Build Thread

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Looking at it in this photo, I think the color looks amazing on a Candy White GTI. It doesn't clash with the red accents on the grille and brake calipers, either. Nicely done, great choice for winter wheels. :D

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sub'd. Great build man! If I could have had this for my first car...geesh. :confused:

Glad to see you are treating it well though! [emoji106]
Thanks! Yep, I'm always super grateful to have it and I try to keep good care of it. I'm hoping to get a downpipe and a tune early next year. After riding in a Stage II car, I realized that I've gone long enough without a tune.

Looking at it in this photo, I think the color looks amazing on a Candy White GTI. It doesn't clash with the red accents on the grille and brake calipers, either. Nicely done, great choice for winter wheels. :D

I don't know if it goes with the red or not, but I like it. Who needs side reflectors when you have bright colored wheels! :D

Brunkel

Go Kart Champion
Thanks! Yep, I'm always super grateful to have it and I try to keep good care of it. I'm hoping to get a downpipe and a tune early next year. After riding in a Stage II car, I realized that I've gone long enough without a tune.

I went Unitronic stage II this summer and it is AMAZING! I can't help but drive faster now...fair warning.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if it goes with the red or not, but I like it. Who needs side reflectors when you have bright colored wheels! :D

Side reflectors? No one needs side reflectors! :lol:

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Installed my Neuspeed torque arm insert. I like it. From reading reviews of it I thought it would be a bigger difference, but maybe I just don't feel it. The vibrations aren't bad at all either. I'll get a chance to test it out more tomorrow, so we'll see.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
Went and picked up some spacers. 10mm and 15mm. :D

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
A little late, but here are some pictures with the spacers on. They look great, but with the wheels being pushed out a little farther I do get some rubbing sometimes. It was very apparent a few days ago when I took a trip up to Detroit and had 3 other people in the car.

Also I got a Godspeed catless downpipe and installed it along with a Vibrant J O2 Spacer. The car is a lot louder and a lot meaner sounding now. I love it, but it takes some more effort when I'm trying to drive quietly. The drone on the highway is very minimal from the front seat, but it is a bit worse in the back seat. Also the spacer is working well. I haven't kept an exact mileage of how long it's kept the CEL away, but it's probably been about 700 miles. Here is a quick little video comparing how it sounded with the stock downpipe and Neuspeed catback and how it sounded afterwards when I added the Godspeed downpipe.

zrickety

The Fixer
That looks pretty good.

ThatGTI

Go Kart Champion
I got a set of gloss black mirror caps in the mail yesterday and put them on. They look great! I'm scheduled to get my roof wrapped gloss black tomorrow, so it should help tie it together and give some more contrast.