GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Gunkat Car Ownership Feedback Thread for 2015

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
If you don't need a practical DD often then a cheap $5k Civic or something and something better fit a fun car. If you can drive the fun car almost every day, no reason to have a bunch of money tied up in the A3.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If you don't need a practical DD often then a cheap $5k Civic or something and something better fit a fun car. If you can drive the fun car almost every day, no reason to have a bunch of money tied up in the A3.

yes'th, exactly. and that is why the other option is there.. I could trade the A3 in on a BRZ, C5Z06, etc, and then have the 5k civic as the DD, exactly. I do think a car like a BRZ or a s2k, etc, would get driven more than the c5z.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Just make sure whatever you get will be what you're driving must of the time... if you end up driving a crappy Civic almost every day I doubt you'll be that happy.

michal

Go Kart Champion
Sell the A3, buy a cheap Civic for DD, cheap Miata for 5k for your track/autox days, and for the rest buy Gilead Sciences stocks. :)

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Just make sure whatever you get will be what you're driving must of the time... if you end up driving a crappy Civic almost every day I doubt you'll be that happy.

exactly, as I've done that before when i had a real commute and it was rough.. that's when the C6 sat in the garage. And since that car really wasnt that much fun on the street, it mostly didn't get driven. I do think an S2K or BRZ would be much more inviting and fun to drive on the street. In my current situation, the drive is mega short now, so i dont thin it would "bother me" really as much as it would have when you're sitting in traffic for 30miles/45mins each time.

Also... after the K04 the BRZ, S2K will feel pretty slow.

yeah, definitely expecting that.

Sell the A3, buy a cheap Civic for DD, cheap Miata for 5k for your track/autox days, and for the rest buy Gilead Sciences stocks. :)

haha, sounds too responsible!

Sonnytron

Ready to race!
I hear ya, man.. and that's where the cheapo Rx8 or miata comes into play for $3-5Kish and keeping the A3 :)

noted.

noted.

bingo^

it takes about 2mins :)

indeed.

what happened to you, man??

:lol: :clap:

good points on the capabilities of the c5 and that shit shifter - sorry ;)

yeah, I use the A3 here and there for kid stuff, but most of the time its my wife/my wife's minivan, lol.

Does the Corvette have one of those dick shaped shifters like the Mustang? I don't understand why that thing had like four curves.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
I recommend finding (if you can) and just driving a 5spd 330ci sports package ONLY if RX8 is something you're remotely interested in. Owned it for little over 5 years before I had to let it go due to rust. An older gentleman from WI that was looking for a track toy (had previously owned/crashed a track prepped e36) ended up buying it. Miss the car to this day. Gutting it while still maintaining a decently good looking car with near perfect 50/50 for autox/track days is a win win. Power would be the only downfall for track duty.

Found 5 in the country, w/under 75K. Dang, this one would look promising if it was under 50K as my only car, wouldn't mind getting rid of my '11 GTI for it. I wish I at least got into autox while I had it, balls. And rust shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...5000&searchRadius=0&listingId=386897386&Log=0

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
I recommend finding (if you can) and just driving a 5spd 330ci sports package ONLY if RX8 is something you're remotely interested in. Owned it for little over 5 years before I had to let it go due to rust. An older gentleman from WI that was looking for a track toy (had previously owned/crashed a track prepped e36) ended up buying it. Miss the car to this day. Gutting it while still maintaining a decently good looking car with near perfect 50/50 for autox/track days is a win win. Power would be the only downfall for track duty.

Found 5 in the country, w/under 75K. Dang, this one would look promising if it was under 50K as my only car, wouldn't mind getting rid of my '11 GTI for it. I wish I at least got into autox while I had it, balls. And rust shouldn't be a problem.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...5000&searchRadius=0&listingId=386897386&Log=0

Damn that's a clean E46.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
So, the Fiat is a no, then?

zrickety

The Fixer
The BRZ is a joke. Get an S2K or your Evo already.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
You can easily swap in an m3 LSD unit.