GOLFMKV

Trade MK6 for MK7... is it worth it?

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
It lost weight.
It will have different engines.
MQB platform.

What is the draw?

I am looking forward to seeing how the MK7 and all of the other MQB platform cars are going to be able to 'share' parts. If it isn't going to be made difficult by big brother VAG... then the OEM+ options are going to be rediculous!

That, alone, could sway me. We'll see.

Thoughts... Comments... :word:

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
The car is one year away from being here...

But to answer that rhetorical question.

The differences between Mk 6 to Mk 7 are greater than Mk5 to mk6.

So if the latter was worth it, the prior def is.

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
you would have to wait for any tunes to be available for the new golf platform as well as other parts.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
No US specs or pricing = no way for us to advise you if it is worth it or not.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
I'd be very interested in MK7, considering when the GTI finally gets here, I'll be close to paying the car off, and for sure it'll be out of warranty.

Hart

Ready to race!
i suggest you wait til you can actually test drive it and see them in person then make your decision

ROOSTER1050

Go Kart Champion
by the time the GTI actually makes it here (late 2014 or 2015?) , I'd say yeah --- especially if icanhazGTD

but, will have to really wait and see on US pricing, trim levels(what they'll actually include), etc

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
by the time the GTI actually makes it here (late 2014 or 2015?) , I'd say yeah --- especially if icanhazGTD

but, will have to really wait and see on US pricing, trim levels(what they'll actually include), etc

It will be here in Fall of 2013.

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
It will be here in Fall of 2013.

Fall of 2013 would line me up for the ending of my current lease.
I hope this time frame stays true.

Otherwise I buy my car out, or lease another MKVI.
I love but would hate to lock one in for another three years, and just miss the MKVII.

allset

Go Kart Champion
never a good idea to get the first MY run of a new platform. my 2010 was part of the first full year of the MK6, needed new intake mani, DV, HPFP, water pump, etc,

better to give it a year or so to let them work out the design flaws

ElectricEye

Autocross Newbie
never a good idea to get the first MY run of a new platform. my 2010 was part of the first full year of the MK6, needed new intake mani, DV, HPFP, water pump, etc,

Yeah, I know that. :thumbsup:
I would only get the first run in this case because it may coincide with my lease termination.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

We can't buy the 1st year due to VW delaying the US launch by a year. The car will have "baked" a year by the time we receive it.

Same with our 2010. It had been out for a year in Europe and the engine released in 2008.5. Our 2010 is the 2nd MY MK6.

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
well who is actually planning the trade here? or wait 2 more years and get the mk7 R?

If I don't buy a BMW x1, I'll most likely order a MK7 once the dealers begin taking orders. No need/desire for the R.