GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune Comparison Chart

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I think it will be fairly accurate using advertised crank numbers. Far more accurate than any member giving numbers from any independent wheel dyno.

are all advertisements correct and true? ;)

and all dyno's read differently, so there's another wrench in the mix.

Some tuners overrate, some underrate, some report what they get. Again, I think this the only way to do it until someone does everything on one vehicle.

this^ - but one vehicle, one dyno.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Some tuners overrate, some underrate, some report what they get. Again, I think this the only way to do it until someone does everything on one vehicle.

are all advertisements correct and true? ;)

and all dyno's read differently, so there's another wrench in the mix.

this^ - but one vehicle, one dyno.

I agree, but again, I think this will be fairly accurate. Even one vehicle one dyno would be hard because of heat soak, ambient conditions, etc. I would have to assume that each tuner published the BEST numbers they could get out of their tune. All of them have that advantage.

P

plac

the revo does boost that high. remember, they bypassed a lot of safety settings. that turbo isnt meant to see 23psi all the time. lol.

hmmmmmmmmm my 2008 i owned for only a month boosted that high... wonder if it had Revo.... was also the fastest GTI i ever owned. yes, even faster than this one. thats the only GTI I had that would lurch forward on shifts (in 5th and 6th) and strain the suspension.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I agree, but again, I think this will be fairly accurate. Even one vehicle one dyno would be hard because of heat soak, ambient conditions, etc. I would have to assume that each tuner published the BEST numbers they could get out of their tune. All of them have that advantage.

see below. Different cars, slight mods, and the biggest thing is location and type of dyno.

Car A on Dyno A may make 350whp

Car A on Dyno B may make 320whp

Now start throwing in other cars/mods and other dynos, and numbers are gonna be all over the place. Heat soak doesnt happen much on the dyno, thats why they use fans, etc.

I can tell you for a fact a major tuner does NOT publish their BEST but rather publishes something slightly less to ensure everyone can achieve their results.

yep^. Obtain reliable results that can live on a daily basis as a simple "off the shelf map" - thats what these cars run, no pro/dyno tuning here.

speed4568

Ready to race!
On what boost gauge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have an awe gauge PEAK 23 psi all the time

Revo stage 2, and the same when i was stage 1

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
APR k04 v2

23PSI

Thats all I have in the way of numbers >_>

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
see below. Different cars, slight mods, and the biggest thing is location and type of dyno.

Car A on Dyno A may make 350whp

Car A on Dyno B may make 320whp

Now start throwing in other cars/mods and other dynos, and numbers are gonna be all over the place. Heat soak doesnt happen much on the dyno, thats why they use fans, etc.

Yeah I completely get the dyno differences, but as someone who has personally written tunes for a bunch of LSx vehicles I can tell you that it is just as inaccurate when you run the same car on the same dyno on different days of even different times of the same day.

In any case, to get back on track, it would be great if someone could point me in the direction of some Revo or GIAC numbers. I think I'll be adding some other fields to the chart tomorrow as well.

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
Well that's why you see 23...awe's gauge has always bee known to read high...you are probably really getting 20-21 actual on a spike if you were to log it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what?? lol... only if its not zeroed to begin with..

This is why I am looking for specified boost numbers from the tuners. No need to argue.