GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under Seat Storage Tray DIY - Lot's of Pics

flug2012

Ready to race!
Great DIY. I installed both of them and love the extra storage. Large enough to store my Glock :w00t:

Tireiron Mike

Ready to race!
I was under the impression that these would not fit an Autobahn seat. Good to know. Now I'll have a place to put my side arm and my weed.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Is it possible to remove the drawers from the casings? Mine came in the mail with the drawers already in :(

I think I can still install it using the ECS Tuning instructions (which don't require riveting), but yeah.

flug2012

Ready to race!
Is it possible to remove the drawers from the casings? Mine came in the mail with the drawers already in :(

I think I can still install it using the ECS Tuning instructions (which don't require riveting), but yeah.

Check the ECS video, it shows how to remove the tray from the casing if I'm not mistaken. There are tabs you have to lift to get them out, be careful not to break them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Check the ECS video, it shows how to remove the tray from the casing if I'm not mistaken. There are tabs you have to lift to get them out, be careful not to break them...

ECS video started out with the drawer out already, but I'll watch again tomorrow.

flug2012

Ready to race!
ECS video started out with the drawer out already, but I'll watch again tomorrow.

Ok wasn't sure anymore. If you look close enough at the bottom of the housing and pull the drawer out you can see where it gets stopped from being pulled out completely by a plastic tab in the center...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RHCPCraze

Ready to race!
Can you still adjust the seat height with these drawers in place ?

Link

Ready to race!
Waiting on parts to do this install. Thanks for posting up a well done DIY. Takes the guess work our of doing this modification.

TMTuning takes forever to ship. Still better than the ETA on these parts from ECS tuning however.

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
Update: I was able to install my drawers without removing them from the casing first. Still not happy that they came like that, but I was able to follow the ECS instructions for the most part. :)

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, haven't been keeping up with this thread. The drawers are definitely removable. From what I remember there are two plastic tabs that catch the draw from coming out completely. Just use a flat screwdriver or something to lift the tabs while you pull the drawer out. Having an extra set of hands helps with this, but I was able to do it on my own. Can't really imagine having to install this with the drawers in as you don't have access to some of the mounting holes...

Gti-mrk6

Ready to race!
Update: I was able to install my drawers without removing them from the casing first. Still not happy that they came like that, but I was able to follow the ECS instructions for the most part. :)

Let me know if u go to C&C, I'd like to see actual size of the drawers.