GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Under Seat Storage Tray DIY - Lot's of Pics

John Y1

Ready to race!
Can one of you guys who still has your paperwork from this job pleeaase quote me the part number for the screws supplied? I've been sent the wrong screws for my underseat frame - they sent some short, fat Philips head screws with coarse threads that immediately stuck fast after a turn or two.

I'm wondering if it's because my US-spec GTI has different seats than those over here - the German GTI seat - regardless of whether it's leather or Jacky cloth - is what we call the "top sport" seat in the US. The US Jacky cloth seat is a different seat than the US leather seat - then again, if the US and German leather seat is the same, and you guys are using torx screws that they supplied you with regardless of whether you're installing on a leather or cloth seat, I don't know...anyway, if someone can quote me the part number for those torx screws I'd appreciate it so I can pick those up from the dealer. Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind...genius just spotted the P/N up on P1...:):)

Last edited:

MichaelGTi

Ready to race!
Just installed the passenger one this morning, very easy took all of 20 mins, thanks for the easy DIY:thumbsup:. Not a huge amount of space but definitely usable.
I went and bought a set of the triple square bits for 12 bucks at crappy T though, tried to fit a t50 in there but it was sloppy and didnt want to risk stripping it. FYI, if someone wants to buy the set (4 sizes) it's in the auto specialty section, bodywork tools, not the automotive tools section.

GTiorBust

Ready to race!
How visible is the drawer looking in from the window or if you open the door and stand/look in? I was thinking if doing this and storing my gun in it but wanted it to be like a secret drawer.

Link

Ready to race!
How visible is the drawer looking in from the window or if you open the door and stand/look in? I was thinking if doing this and storing my gun in it but wanted it to be like a secret drawer.

Drawers are hardly noticeable. Most people don't even know they're there. Not sure what kind of firearm you plan on storing but the compartment is not very big so keep that in mind.

GTiorBust

Ready to race!
Drawers are hardly noticeable. Most people don't even know they're there. Not sure what kind of firearm you plan on storing but the compartment is not very big so keep that in mind.

CZ 75. I actually havent measured it all out... Kind of just assumed it would fit. But I will make sure before purchasing ofc.

eman006

Anyone try installing cam locks on their under the seat drawers yet? If so, would you please share how you did it or refer me to a thread that you know that does this?
Mercy Buckets!

limke03

New link to ECS....

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Interior/Seats/ES2083282/

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VI--2.0T/Interior/Seats/ES1866783/

ECS has a video as well.

I just installed these today in my 2011 Autobahn and it was very simple. It took about 45 minutes to do both. The Autobahn has the partial power seat with the Amp under the drivers seat and the Bluetooth under the passenger seat. Both seat have full motion with these in place. This is the prefect please for me to store my bridge-toll fast track receiver, which i'd either need to stick to the windshield or hold up going over any bridge in the SF Bay Area.

Here's the 10mm Triple Square that's needed to remove the seats. Only $7.34 with free shipping with amazon prime.

http://www.amazon.com/Capri-Tools-8...keywords=Triple+Square+Spline+Bit+Socket+10mm

Last edited:

limke03

Anyone try installing cam locks on their under the seat drawers yet? If so, would you please share how you did it or refer me to a thread that you know that does this?
Mercy Buckets!

It looks like it would be pretty easy with a dremel or roto-zip tool. The sides of the cases are close to the drawers so the lock would work fine once the channel was cut. The front face or the drawer is about 3/4" thick.

HMFI

Very nice write up DIY.. I ordered the drivers side a received the drawer only.. called ECS they shipped rest of hardware was confused by the metal bracket and rivets? called them and the customer service rep had no clue.. fond this DIY it was like turning on a light.. then a snag:mad0259::mad0259: drawer wouldn't fit?? I was sent passenger drawer with driver hardware.

This drawer fits many things my iPad mini (for APR dongle) , Glock36 with extra mag(personal protection) all in one drawer. my surfacePro fits snug a bug in glove box. Vagcom in passenger seat drawer along with a few other small items.. dash cubby is awesomeness, (some serious patience required on that dam last bolt) keys, cards, coins for tolls if needed.. an I haven't had any noises or rattles :character0293: