GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

vbrad's 2012 CSG GTI

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
so let the "build up" commence...

i dont have to much planned for it
wheels, suspension work, mild brake work, exhaust, etc...
so now that im ready to start the modding im trying to figure out exactly what i want to do first
i know what wheels i want but thats really all i know for sure so im thinking i will just go ahead and order those while i have the money and then figure out the rest as i go along
the wheels im thinking about are BBS CO's
and as for suspension i honestly think im just going to go with a spring/shock combo and picking up that magnaflow for cheap if i can
:thumbup:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
pic is not working huh?
anyone else having that problem
because i was also going to use this thread to post random pictures of it that i take hah

those are my first shots in months
i feel like im loosing my touch lol

still waiting on paypal money to get transferred to the bank account so i can spend it!
i decided im going to buy the wheels first just because im horrible at saving money and i feel as if i wont be able to save that much again lol

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
well i actually went ahead and got in on that magnaflow exhaust deal so hopefully i should have it by next weekend or so

but i should still be ordering the CO's at some point this week as well

as for now im thinking about just going with the H&R cup kit
i dont want/need the ability to adjust ride height anymore nor do i need the temptation to slam it on the ground lol
im going more function over form with this car...

GTIProject

Ready to race!
Before you spend any money on anything else, get it tuned. Seriously. Turns the fun to drive factor up to '11'.

Interesting looking at the steering wheel - no multifunction steering wheel?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
ehh honestly a tune is not high up on my list right now
i was impressed with the gain i got from apr stg.1 on my old car but im not in any rush to do this car for some reason lol
although i feel like just stage 1 in this thing will be equivalent to stage 2 in my audi

and yeah no buttons on the wheel for me
base model all the way
cant say i really miss them though...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
exhaust will be in my possession friday as well as the BBS CO's i ordered yesterday
great way to start the weekend!

ali1

Ready to race!
nice car!!

i like actually the look off the steeringwheel without the buttons
not being sarcastic

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
i was also so excited about my big boxes that i forgot to check my mail
and i got my plate frame!

woot!

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
got the exhaust on today...needs some tweaking so it will sit right but at least its on lol
dual exhausts are such a pain in the ass...i could NEVER get the HKS on the RX-8 to sit properly
one of the tips was about .5 of an inch in where the other one was about .5 of an inch out...
not super noticeable but i knew and it bothered me lol
so im having the some problem with this one...tips are not straight so once i get more time ill get under there and loosen things up and move stuff around
but it looks good and sounds good and once fitment is spot on ill be !00% satisfied
then maybe ill get some pics of it...