GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

very surprising 1/4 mile times

Ryephile

Passed Driver's Ed
Very impressive times for stock indeed; 14.2@98 in a stock 3100 pound hatch! Thanks for sharing; I also LOL'd all over the volume change mid-run!

I can't see the times on the slips you posted; what kind of 60 foot times were you seeing?

MrClean

Go Kart Champion
Wow!

That is quite a bit quicker than I expected from a stock GTI.

You may have a strong one.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Wow! The E.T.'s alone are pretty impressive, let alone the 60' and trap speeds. I've seen MkV Stg 1 2.0T's trap the same. It sounds like the track had good preparation too. How humid was it?

And FWIW, I'd never take out the filter. I wouldn't want to have something fly in there, even a bug, and risk having that get in the engine.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Very impressive times for stock indeed; 14.2@98 in a stock 3100 pound hatch! Thanks for sharing; I also LOL'd all over the volume change mid-run!

I can't see the times on the slips you posted; what kind of 60 foot times were you seeing?

His worst 60' was a 2.39. The best was a 2.168.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!

Where do you get 98 MPH?

I only saw 96.51 as the highest MPH (which is still impressive). The reason why i am saying this is i have done 14.2 on my 2008 showroom stock and trapped around the same. It would be a really impressive feat if the 2010 GTI can trap 98 showing that it actually has more power.

Nicks06TR

Ready to race!
I probably mis-typed or was really tired when I originally posted. I never got 98mph, I dunno where that came from...

I did just stick it in S mode because of the launch control... next time I may try shifting with the paddles just to spice it up. prob won't be faster, but it's worth a shot. I was thinking changing shift points to like 5,000-5,500 rpm may increase time/speed because our power apparently drops off after 5,000 rpm.

Randum

Go Kart Champion
I probably mis-typed or was really tired when I originally posted. I never got 98mph, I dunno where that came from...

I did just stick it in S mode because of the launch control... next time I may try shifting with the paddles just to spice it up. prob won't be faster, but it's worth a shot. I was thinking changing shift points to like 5,000-5,500 rpm may increase time/speed because our power apparently drops off after 5,000 rpm.

Thats what I was thinking. I think this car is so damn easy to spin the tires too.