GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VWR springs Review

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
they look the same as eibach sport line springs. the box is even the same

i think these are just sport lines painted blue.

IMO there more like the pro-kit painted blue

They can't be either of those springs
The VWR springs are linear.....while both the Pro-Kit & Sportlines are progressive springs

These are more indentical to the DG springs (color & appearance anyways)

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
The VWR springs are linear.....while both the Pro-Kit & Sportlines are progressive springs

Yep , these are Pro-kit:

aw6141

Go Kart Champion

one of the posts by the bruce mentions that in europe/uk ebiach springs either the sportlines are sold under the same name only linear and mkviken is in the uk

mkviken

Ready to race!
Yes our eibachs are linear. They don't have dead coils like the photo shown above

VWR confirmed to me they're made by eibach. They wouldnt say if they were a unique weight ir length though. Comparing my car and a VWR fitted car side by side they were the same height.

I think these are sportline (European type) painted blue and price pumped up.

Here are mine. They're linear same as VWR. The huge benefit of these is no grinding noises from binding coils.

They also ride and handle superb with B8 dampers.

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
So VWR springs are a mirror image of eibach? Its just VWR are priced as more and they ride the same?...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
VWR and Driver Gear are both made by Eibach. Its just a matter of application as to which springs are offered for which car.

VWR Springs are softer and will deflect more to give the added drop more so than the Driver Gear which are about 5% stiffer than stock.

SRT2GTI

Banned
SRT2GTI:

How much did you pay to get them installed?

$225.00 for the install (I just don't have time to do it myself)
**I would plan on an alignment afterwards as well.**

junker1

Ready to race!
VW Racing and VW Zubehor "Drivers Gear" spring have the exact same specs except that the VWR springs are about 10 mm shorter. The effective difference once compressed is probably only about 6-8mm. They are very close.:thumbsup: Just need to figure out which set I want to keep.

Attachments

• Slide1.jpg
    Slide1.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 1,498
  • Slide2.jpg
    Slide2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 1,388
  • Slide3.jpg
    Slide3.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 1,413
  • Slide4.jpg
    Slide4.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 1,560
Last edited:

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Doesnt free length account in the stiffness calculation though?

Last edited:

davesxx01

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the pics and review!

Did you replace any of the stretch bolts or re use all your old hardware?

Feel free to post more driving reviews!

SRT2GTI

Banned
Thanks for the pics and review!

Did you replace any of the stretch bolts or re use all your old hardware?

Feel free to post more driving reviews!

I reused all of the stock hardware. The car isn't even a year-old yet. As soon as I get the alignment squared away, I'll post some driving impressions. Currently, I have some "road noise" that's pissing me off.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
I've had them for about a month and I have had no issues under full load. I have not engaged the bumpstops at all. No problems taking hard corners with 4 guys in the car. Even took it camping in the back country on dirt two trackers with fairly large bumps; still didn't bottom out These roads were pretty crappy and I was the only one in the group not driving a truck.

Thanks for the reply!