GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What’s your best MPG in sensible mode?

James1

Just thought I would share this with you guys, Ive recently completed a long trip, with cc set to 65mph (I know this completely defeats the object of having a R) with DSG and I recently got 36.9mpg! I am genuinely Over the moon with this, the R is a everyday car!

38138E87-0494-4412-924D-EE4FF4452759.jpeg

Phur

Autocross Champion
1590970077866.jpeg

I was just having a chill drive to work. It’s about a 20 mile trip.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Best I've gotten is about 28.3. :cool: Course my way to work is extremely hilly.........and it's REALLY hard to engage sensible mode. Most of the trip is a 2 lane country road, hard not to slip it down to 4th and open it up to pass a slow moving slug.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Southern Indiana has a lot of hills as well. My car has enough grunt to climb them with very little effort and then coast until the next incline. I think that may be part of the reason that I get such good gas mileage.

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
I don't mean to flex but... Houston to San Antonio TX with tires slightly overinflated. This was way back when I was 100% stock and had a CEL because of bad intake manifold (runner flaps). Calculated the MPG later and it ended up being closer to 41.2mpg but I was still really impressed. 60mph the whole way on cruise control, 6th gear, no sidewind. Also at 1am lol. Haven't been able to get close since then

IMG_3200 (1).jpg

Mk6Autobahn

Autocross Champion
How do y'all drive so slow?
Lol I’ve only managed that once. It was mind numbing driving that slow for so long on a straight road, but cool to see what she could do stock and with a CEL. I usually average 22-26 driving “enthusiastically”

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
How do y'all drive so slow?
Well, OP is English, he's measuring with bigger gallons. That's the equivalent of 30.8 in the US.

My best ever was ~38mpg, but that was driving under 50mph on the donut when the car was stock. Now I'm IE stage 2 pro IM, and I can manage 28mpg cruising at 60-65.