GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
I put in a dogbone mount insert last night, what a difference! Instantly smoother shifting and driving, and super minimal NVH. I went for the CTS Turbo insert, which is still pretty soft. I wish I had done it years ago.
this one?
https://www.ctsturbo.com/product/cts-turbo-mk6-billet-torque-arm-insert/

what about the torque arm?

It's better to upgrade both the insert and the torque arm

I'm still running stock (both insert and arm), ko4, no issues but everyone says it's worth the upgrade for smooth shifts.

jedred1

jedred1
Today I replaced my fuel filter. Those clips are a pain in the ass so this time I pre treated them with silicone spray and they came right off.

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Today I replaced my fuel filter. Those clips are a pain in the ass so this time I pre treated them with silicone spray and they came right off.
Where is the fuel filter? In the pump?

Blaznjoe

Drag Race Newbie
Where is the fuel filter? In the pump?
Tucked underneath the car, passenger side, near the rear suspension swing arm mount. Easy to access but those clips can be a pain in ass to undo.

king1138

Go Kart Champion
Not today, but yesterday had to put in new spark plugs after about 6k miles. Cylinder three must have had a hairline crack in the porcelain and it separated and blocked the electrode. The plus side is I got my 15 year old daughter to help, so now she knows how to work on her own car!

aspro_gti

Autocross Champion
Got driver's Recaro seat bolted in (no lights on dash btw... wiring works well)
The seat height is a bit higher than the original plaid one... so I'm still getting used to the driving position.
The shoulder bolsters were made for a skinnier person... I've got wide shoulders (from doing muscle ups... had to flex) and so the fit is not ideal.
I'm 6'0 and my proportions are that of a longer torso and shorter legs, which means that my head is high up on the seat (again designed for someone probably shorter)... meaning that the base of my skull is on the edge of the seat when I sit nice and tall (good posture)... definitely not ideal.
I'm considering making a pillow to slouch my back so that I'm not so tall in the seat.
Passenger's seat being bolted in soon.

This is Ryans face

Not sure if...
Replaced both front swaybar endlinks. Steering was sloppish at highway speeds and I've been systematically replacing every suspension component piece by piece over the last year or two when I find the time.

Bit premature to be sure but steering feels way better and way more planted and with less slop over bumps now. Trying to get them off wasn't too big of a problem but the driver's side didn't require the control arm to be under load to remove it from the swaybar and strut tower. It just popped right out. The passenger side seemed almost locked into place at the strut and clunky at the sway and required the control arm to be loaded with a jack. The genius designer at racingline who constructed my struts decided that the endlink bolt needed to be surrounded by metal slots... no idea what purpose they serve. Had to use an 18mm long head and hope that the bolt didn't just infinitely turn on itself. Good products, but stupid ass design there. I feel bad for putting my racing kit installer through that bullshit.

1714508171625.png

it's literally impossible to fit anything between those two slots that isn't a torque wrench head. Could've been miserable if it didn't turn properly.