GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianjh

I just installed a BSH Race intake, I notice a difference in power but nothing substantial... it absolutely is more responsive though. As far as sound goes, I have only heard this and APR, and this one is definitely a bit louder. I must say that I was expecting it to be much louder though, I have had intakes on my old G37 that were insanely loud... The fitment could be a bit better, there is only one bolt that holds the ram air tray in position, I went to home depot and $3 later had some additional support rigged up.

Also, I am not tuned yet either. Not sure if this will have an effect on the sound ...

Quoddy

Ready to race!
Carbonio I & II. Have it, love it. Does an excellent job at what it was designed for... and looks great too.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Lol they're not supposed too look like that, bought mine second hand so it didn't come with the front brackets, had to make my own lol.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk.

P

plac

not a very popular choice around here, but you can make your own DIY intake for about $100 in parts. I do still have this one installed in my car, and its rare an intake stays on my car this long.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Carbonio I & II. Have it, love it. Does an excellent job at what it was designed for... and looks great too.

I just noticed your MAF is upside down. :p

Spaztix1

Can I has GTI?
I have the modshack. It works awesome, isn't loud and Steve is a great guy. I met him in person and he did my install for free =]

DarkCloak

Banned

Dude, is that a carbon fusebox cover, that looks awesome. Is it Carbon wrap or a full carbon piece? Any info in where you got that? Either way it looks fantastic.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
I have the modshack. It works awesome, isn't loud and Steve is a great guy. I met him in person and he did my install for free =]

Hey, noticed youre in jacksonville. That's my home town.
Nice to see another MKVI, especially one that's not stock.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
Currently between APR/Modshack.

How is the sound difference between them?

I've heard APR is quieter due to the enclosed box, but I've heard you had heard the turbo spool more also? :s

enkay

Passed Driver's Ed
Currently between APR/Modshack.

How is the sound difference between them?

I've heard APR is quieter due to the enclosed box, but I've heard you had heard the turbo spool more also? :s

watch placs videos.

it depicts the sound difference between them.

i currently own the modshack. its super quiet. can just barely hear it if stereo is off

Quoddy

Ready to race!
I just noticed your MAF is upside down. :p

Yes, indeed. I intentionally asked my installer/tuner to flip it for a cleaner look.

Quoddy

Ready to race!
Dude, is that a carbon fusebox cover, that looks awesome. Is it Carbon wrap or a full carbon piece? Any info in where you got that? Either way it looks fantastic.

HERE'S the link to Tekarbon's site. As you can see they also make battery box covers, too. I just went with a lightweight Braille carbon fiber battery.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I now have the modshack and drove to work this morning. Much quieter than the forge and APR and more responsive than the forge. My car drives like stock, smooth, responsive gas on take offs, and dsg shifting easy. The forge had the opposite of all that. This is a great intake and I will again do a full review soon on it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.