• Golf GTI

Votes: 89 65.9%
  • Golf R

Votes: 20 14.8%
  • Golf GTD

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters

GTI2007

Starting this thread cause I'm curious to what model of Golf everybody would or did already buy

For myself it would be a 3 door Golf R

HyeWarrior

Banned
Ideally, an R would be incredible, but realistically, a Tornado Red 3 door GTI will hopefully be mine in less than a year. I wanted white at first, but after having a color like United Grey, I want to make a significant color jump for the next car :)

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
im torn between the GTI and the R. (im over the TDI lol) if the R is too much, isnt a APR tuned GTI almost to a R without the AWD?

GTI2007

Stock the R is rumoured to be 1.4 seconds faster to 62 mph so I guess that it would take a stage 2 GTI to have it in the same sort of league

Danny Boy1

Ready to race!
ohhhh. i have come to the conclusion that the GTI is a better fit for me. and that the R20 was more of a want lol, but who wouldnt want that? i will settle for a stage 1 GTI

GTI, 2 door manual en route. R will be sweet but I'm not waiting that long. TDI would be my choice if I had a killer commute but for now, 31 mpg on the highway is good enough.

Giblets

Passed Driver's Ed
GTI 5 door, Carbon Grey, 18" Monza's - currently being put through it's paces. Couldn't quite make the numbers work for the R given I have 2 kids at nursery bleeding me dry.

Snoopy1

Ready to race!
Bought a GTI the R would have more power 4WD etc but i just cannot see me using it im older than the teens and 20 something boy racers in here and the GTI will be enough for me. Plus people actually know in europe what the GTI badge is even people not into cars at all but the R badge will need explaining every time.

Giblets

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure many of the prospective buyers on here are teens mate! If so, they're doing pretty well for themselves.

raventare1

:wosschilder980:The GTD is the "bomb" but why are there so few colors available in the USA and over 20 in Germany?:thumbsup:

jjh

:wosschilder980:The GTD is the "bomb" but why are there so few colors available in the USA and over 20 in Germany?:thumbsup:

Agree, mine arrives at xmas, many of those twenty colours are extra cost though; 2000 euro!!!!

I went for a white five door, ACC, Dynaudio, camera, cruise, mirrors, shame I have to wait sooo looong!

If I didnt have to worry about fuel costs I think we would all go for the R!!!!!