GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which tune is on my car?

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Which tune is on my car? UPDATED!!!!

Bought a used 2011 DSG autobahn and the seller swore it was Not tuned or modified....

Bullshit and I knew it. Installed a boost gauge today and I'm pushing nearly 20lbs of boost in a 4th gear pull.

How do I figure out who's tune is on it?

APR just confirmed it's a stage 1 apr tune. So about 300 to upgrade to stage 2 once I put on the downpipe.

Sweet!

Last edited:

ACHILLES R32

Drag Racing Champion
Bought a used 2011 DSG autobahn and the seller swore it was Not tuned or modified....

Bullshit and I knew it. Installed a boost gauge today and I'm pushing nearly 20lbs of boost in a 4th gear pull.

How do I figure out who's tune is on it?
You really can't, start by calling and unitronic and apr and give them the vin.

Sent from my Pixel 2

zrickety

The Fixer
Does it really matter? Drive the car and enjoy it. If it's otherwise stock, it's probably a stage 1 and you're lucky to get it for free!

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Yeah hard to say. At least there are only like 6 tuners. May depend on region too. Like if you are near a tuner shop that specializes in a certain tune then probability is higher

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Does it really matter? Drive the car and enjoy it. If it's otherwise stock, it's probably a stage 1 and you're lucky to get it for free!

Sure it matters. If it's stage 1 which I suspect then if I know who did the tune getting it upgraded to stage 2 will probably be cheaper.

Why pay full price when you can just pay an upgrade fee?

Save that money for the DSG tune.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

Bullshit and I knew it

Sure it matters. If it's stage 1 which I suspect then if I know who did the tune getting it upgraded to stage 2 will probably be cheaper.

Why pay full price when you can just pay an upgrade fee?

But, like brobst said, good luck getting the upgrade "cheaper"

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie

But, like brobst said, good luck getting the upgrade "cheaper"

More pissed than anything. I like to know what has or has not been done to a car before I buy it. And I like to start with a blank slate.

Any chance is better than No chance in my book.

zrickety

The Fixer
APR used to charge a $150 transfer fee and then stage 2 is another $135. It's rare that you really know what's been done to a car, even original owners are not always forthcoming with accidents or repairs. If it passes a test drive and inspection, I would be super stoked for the free horsepower!

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I would be happy its tuned but I would also want to know exactly what was installed in the car I purchased, happy or not. You cant ask the seller? Tell him a boost gauge was installed so you know its modified and you just want to know what was done to it? If not, start calling places I guess.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Probably Ko4'd without a turbo back.

Well damn now I have to find a stock turbo and put on it. SON OF A BITCH! Will the crap never end? I wanted a nice stock car and get saddled with this garbage? WTF!!!

How do I confirm it has some garbage turbo on it?

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Well damn now I have to find a stock turbo and put on it. SON OF A BITCH! Will the crap never end? I wanted a nice stock car and get saddled with this garbage? WTF!!!

How do I confirm it has some garbage turbo on it?

I was kidding, sorry bad joke. Just find a reliable tuner in your area and have them look the car over. Probably just a stage 1 tune.

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
I was kidding, sorry bad joke. Just find a reliable tuner in your area and have them look the car over. Probably just a stage 1 tune.
I thought it was a good joke :lol:
OP, it's likely just a Stage 1 tune (no hardware modifications necessary). Call the major tuners (APR & Unitronic) and be ready with your VIN. If the car happens to be stage 2 then make sure you have an aftermarket downpipe on the car.