GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

zVp's 2012 VW GTI

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I'm very tempted to get the Unibrace. The price is pretty good, but I'm kinda iffy on the installation part. I still gotta read up on it since I use my hatch a lot with the seats down so I wonder how that will work.

Also, I still gotta install my springs :(

Get the UB then! I am contemplating it as well.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, I can't get the XB for the same reason: stuff in and out all the time (hockey gear).

I'm getting the UB.

zVp

Go Kart Champion
How bout this?

If you guys buy me the UB, then I'll get it. I think it's a good idea :p

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Mike: the group buy is just 3 short now. You don't want to miss out.
I'm looking forward to cornering with the UB and the XDS setting changed to 2 (which I've still gotta get you to do for me).:thumbup:

zVp

Go Kart Champion
Lol, I'm reaaaaaallly tempted.

Are you getting it installed by someone? Also, about the XDS, whenever you want it, feel free to come up and I'll enable it for you :)

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Lol, I'm reaaaaaallly tempted.

Are you getting it installed by someone? Also, about the XDS, whenever you want it, feel free to come up and I'll enable it for you :)

I don't have the means to get the car up off the ground to install it myself. While it's a long drive to H2Sport, I thought I might go there to develop a relationship with them (they installed my short shifter) and they will charge me 1/2 labour or $40.

I think I pass by you on the way so when I know that I'm going I'll pm you and what works for you.

We're only 3 buys short of the group buy at this point. Maybe we can get a two-for-on install at H2Sport if you join in.

You're still liking the XDS setting...no problems with it? Have't scorched your brakes?

Last edited:

fredf

Go Kart Champion
Hey, why don't you (zVp), Cooz and Memme enter the group buy. That will put us at the 20 buys to make it happen.

Then I'll arrange a 'group install' at H2sport.

For under $300 we can all have installed braces.

Last edited:

Kato

Ready to race!
Yea, I'm in for the UB group buy already :) And once the DG springs has arrived, I will probably get H2Sport to install them all at once...going to get the BSH dogbone insert while I'm at it, however redline-motorworks seems to have none in stock :(

Kato

Ready to race!
I dunno...it really is just 8 nuts, unscrew them, take out OEM brace, then replace with UB and screw back the nuts...15mins max really.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
How much would it be for the UB installation per person?

If you get a UB just do it yourself man. No need to pay someone for such a simple install. Check out Placs video on Youtube. It really is as simple as 8 nuts.

fredf

Go Kart Champion
I don't have a means to get the car up off the ground.

When I had H2Sport do my short shifter, they charged me 1/2 hour or $40.
That may be their minimum fee so I guess that's what they would charge for the Unibrace.

If a few of us booked in advance as a 'group buy' maybe they would lower it a few bucks but at $40 there isn't a lot of room to go down.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
I don't have a means to get the car up off the ground.

When I had H2Sport do my short shifter, they charged me 1/2 hour or $40.
That may be their minimum fee so I guess that's what they would charge for the Unibrace.

If a few of us booked in advance as a 'group buy' maybe they would lower it a few bucks but at $40 there isn't a lot of room to go down.

Watch the Canadian tire flyer for sales on jacks. I got a 2 ton jack kit with two jack stands, wheel chocks, and a carrying case for about $40. I have used it many times for changing oil, swapping out my winters, etc. It has paid for itself. All you need is to jack up the rear of the car to install the UB.