GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DEPO LED Taillights are junk

Heartagram131

Go Kart Champion
Hate to say they told you so....

Glwdb (douche bags)

damn.. that sucks. depo is supposed to have decent quality. i guess they just had a bad one, it happens, but your seller sucks.. its weird they have 99.7 rep with like 25k+ responses so... i dont know about that.

GTA_MK6

Ready to race!
So I just asked for a refund as well. I noticed to things wrong when I was about to install them.
1. Missing 1 yellow restrictor box
2. Driver side outer tail has something loose and rattling in it. I'm not about to take this apart to figure out the rattling.

I'll keep you guys posted on my refund. I hope I don't have to file a claim on paypal
I guess I have to wait until someone is selling a used pair of oem's. Theres nooooo way I'm paying for duty through group buy.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
looks like the Vacars are the way to go, the giant resistor boxes seem like a huge hassle.

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
looks like the Vacars are the way to go, the giant resistor boxes seem like a huge hassle.

You don't have to use the resistor boxes if you get them coded like you would with vacars or OEM. I just coded mine last weekend and removed the boxes. So far so good on my Depos. Will see if they stand the test of time. They've at least survived several carwashes for me so far.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion

VACAR FTW. I don't get why guys are against having to code to get rid of the bulb out error, it literally takes 5 minutes. The resistor box seems like a band aid solution to a relatively simple problem.

I've had my Vacar lights for about 3 months now with no problems.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
VACAR FTW. I don't get why guys are against having to code to get rid of the bulb out error, it literally takes 5 minutes. The resistor box seems like a band aid solution to a relatively simple problem.

Well those that don't have Vagcom its the simple way out... That wire is $200-260 after all.

+1 and im probably the only one to have the most experience for water issues since it hasnt stopped raining since january.. no joke. there was probably 7 sunny days out of 3 months in Vancouver and not a single problem with my taillights.

allset

Go Kart Champion
reminds me of the Spyder lights debacle.

Its always a good idea to seal aftermarket lamps with clear silicone along the seam to fill in where the missed. They dont do any QC testing.

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Before you all go jumping mad. "His" DEPO lights are junk.
Does not mean the case for all of them.

I'll put in my two cents and say mine are absolutely fine and no issues with alignment or water or anything.
I coded them also to get rid of the inner resistor boxes.

Hellstorm

Passed Driver's Ed
damn.. that sucks. depo is supposed to have decent quality. i guess they just had a bad one, it happens, but your seller sucks.. its weird they have 99.7 rep with like 25k+ responses so... i dont know about that.

I thought so too. A quick Google of "Eurosport Garage" will tell you otherwise. Wish I'd done that beforehand...

Vesper

Ready to race!
Painful to read. OEM, I will buy.