GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tune Comparison Chart

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I gave you the link to GIAC c/o AWE for numbers.....

SkullV

Thunderbunny.....
I gave you the link to GIAC c/o AWE for numbers.....

That was just K04 numbers wasn't it? The file is on my other computer so updates will happen tomorrow.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
what?? lol... only if its not zeroed to begin with..

Awe's isn't a mechanical gauge...neither is the cim for the apr k04 numbers...those two are actually the same gauge...and both read high...it's pretty well known...there's a thread a while back where someone asked about boost pressure with a k04 and people were saying 23-24psi...logs show boost reaching 20-21.5 and holding 17 psi where the gauge was saying 23 and 19

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Agreed. AWE's Boost guage reads WAY too high. My Car logs almost 1-2psi lower than that. Being an engineer, I would love to see AWE's published specs for accuracy, precision, temperature compensation, etc. etc. Much like any other gauge would include.

I've logged my car pulling 23psi under higher load situations in 4th gear runs but its a pretty consistent 22 psi otherwise.

P

plac

i've had a couple of AWE gauges.. never knew that. (guess i never cared or checked either.)

GTIwannagofast

Ready to race!
Also any ideas of how to improve the chart would be greatly appreciated.
If we could find one person (or more) on the forum that falls into one of those tune categories that also has VAGCOM, maybe we can organize some data logging for boost (or whatever someone wants to see) and an acceleration run. This way data is all taken with the same tool rather than the questionable boost gauges.

P

plac

Yeah...if I ha known that before I bought mine I would have bought a new south gauge...its mechanical and it actually looks better

the newsouth is smoother and better in my opinion too. i also had a couple of those.

Retro1

Ready to race!

dasVW.com

Ready to race!
I liked the downpipe chart so much I decided to start on one for software.

Live Google Docs version (credit to SkullV) --> click here

Live Google Docs version (Cleaned up version from dasVW.com) --> click here

Last edited:

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
APR stage 1. Stock intake with afe drop in filter. Vag-com verified 16.4 lbs of boost. 16.4 lbs requested. Fwiw

veedoubleme

Go Kart Champion
APR stage 1. Stock intake with afe drop in filter. Vag-com verified 16.4 lbs of boost. 16.4 lbs requested. Fwiw

Mine on APR stage 1 with stock filter hit 17 a few times in VAG-COM, but was usually about 16.5 peak though. With a DIY intake I'm hitting 17.5 consistently in VAG-COM.

Kal-GTI

Ready to race!
Mine on APR stage 1 with stock filter hit 17 a few times in VAG-COM, but was usually about 16.5 peak though. With a DIY intake I'm hitting 17.5 consistently in VAG-COM.
When I finally drop some money on an intake I'll be sure to check it out. I have had an ultimate racing downpipe laying in my attic for 5 months, so when I go stage 2, I'll try and post those numbers too.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
You have no numbers for revo. so here you go,
Stage 1
revo stage 1 91oct = 225-230bhp/277-287tq

revo stage 1 93oct = 235-245bhp/287-297tq

Stage 2
revo stage 2 91oct = 230-235bhp/282-292tq

revo stage 2 93oct = 245-255bhp/297-307tq

ALL Results dependent on Intake and Exhaust Set-up

http://www.revotechnik.com/index.php?mod=2011GTI