GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Hey y'all. I'm trying to throw on some 18x9 et 45. I want to run a 225/40 at near DriverGear spring height. Now, can you dig it?! Sorry I mean, can I do it without rubbing much?

jun_1.8T

Passed Driver's Ed
just trying to see what you guys think. I will be running 17x8/9 et 38/45 respectively and i will be on air too. would i be able to tuck those in and pull the proper fitment with 205/40's all around? will i need camber in the rears?

Thanks!

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
Finally chose my new set of wheels 18x9 et 45 all around. question is though will they fit fine or will I need to run spacers front or back I'm picking them up this weekend

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
just trying to see what you guys think. I will be running 17x8/9 et 38/45 respectively and i will be on air too. would i be able to tuck those in and pull the proper fitment with 205/40's all around? will i need camber in the rears?

Thanks!

You'll tuck tho easily. You won't need to add any camber at all. Those offsets are high.

chrisisnapping

Go Kart Champion
i'm at stock ride height...

Looking to get 18x8" ET45 and put 235/40-18s on them (tread width:8.4", section width:9.6").
I understand this will fit easily. Now I may not go lower, but there is a chance i'll add DG springs (4door DSG) would I have a problem with rubbing with that tread width?

thanks for the help!

George1

Ready to race!
Yes, go with the 225.
My summer setup is 225/40 on18x8 ET44 BBS VZ033 and Eibach Pro Kit. I had no issues with rubbing and it looks flush on the front.

Tr.dub

Rims on the way 18x8.5 Et45 square. I'm at 24 ftg on coilovers. Wanted to know best tire size to get without rubbing. I was thinking roll the front and 215/40 r18 evo v12?

Rims on the way 18x8.5 Et45 square. I'm at 24 ftg on coilovers. Wanted to know best tire size to get without rubbing. I was thinking roll the front and 215/40 r18 evo v12?

205 or 215 max. You need to roll for sure as well as fender screw mod if you want zero rub. You might be okay at first but it can rub unless you roll them.

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion

I ran 18x8.5 et 36 at 24ftg with a 215/40 and only rubbe slightly with fenders that weren't rolled. You will be fine just do fender screw