GOLFMKV

The Golfmk6 Wheel/Fitment Info Thread!

rizzogti

Go Kart Champion
Try make this fit buddy 18x9 ET38 all around

those specs are easy to fit....

Fresh

Ready to race!
I noticed some people who wider tires on the back than the front. This makes it that people can't rotate their tires correct? Because one doesn't want wider tires in front compared to the back right?

nikhsub1

What?
I noticed some people who wider tires on the back than the front. This makes it that people can't rotate their tires correct? Because one doesn't want wider tires in front compared to the back right?
Exactly. Not only that, running fatter tires in the rear of a FWD car is beyond retarded anyway and is only for looks and/or stance. This usually includes stupidly stretched tires and sometimes rims that stick well beyond the fenders. I am of the form over function crowd but many are just the opposite.

cmb5286

Ready to race!
Looking at getting 18x8.5 ET45 all around, trying to decide between 225/40/18 and 235/40/18

Car will be bagged in the future

Had these exact same specs with my Aero IIs. I had 225s all around and only rubbed on the front. I would go with 215s. But then again my fronts weren't rolled.

Eat_My_Shorts

Ready to race!
Those will look really sunk when you have bags, get something more agressive.

You would say that, right after I finally decided on a wheel. Been looking at the V718s with a bronze finish. Maybe 9.5?

Will that even fit?

Last edited:

Noize

Go Kart Champion
Will a 235/40/18 wheel on an 8" +45 wheel rub on DG springs?

I can't imagine that slight of a change would. I know it was asked earlier, but I am very tempted to try it.

Last edited:

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I ran a 235/30 19 on 19x8.5 +45 up front. Tires pulled my front fenders for me :D

Eneubauer

Go Kart Champion
So I test fit my wheels the other day 18x9 et 45 all around they clear the front strut and bag with I'd say 1-3 mm to spare is this gonna be an issue at all when turning or anything or am I good ya think here's the best pics I could take to show the space

And here's just one to show you guys what I'm running