GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The ULTIMATE VW Golf GTi Short Shifter KIT --- TWM Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

****ULTIMATE Short Shifter for YOUR VW GTI by TWM Performance ****

Hi Everyone,

After a LONG and anticipated wait, it’s FINALLY here! TWM Performance introduces the NEW VW Short Shifter for the VW and Audi 6-speed FWD platform! TWM Performance Volkswagen Performance Short Shifters are the ULTIMATE Short Shifters for YOUR Volkswagen. Offering the most COMPLETE line-up of Shifter Parts, TWM Performance Short Shifter Kits will re-invent the way Your Car Shifts!

With a unique design, the TWM Performance Short Shifter Adapter for the GTI is the BEST Short Shifter Kit available for your car. Combining Exclusive technologies for cables attachments and our Adjustable Counterweight, TWM Performance’s Short Shifter greatly reduces the shift throw while retaining the side to side movement of the shifter for a Precise, Solid and Short shifter feeling.

Here are the specs for the TWM Performance Volkswagen Short Shifter:

Features:
- 30% throw reduction
- CNC machined of stainless steel and aluminum
- Includes solid cable clamps
- Includes adjustable counterweight
- Available in combo with a weighted shift knob
- Lifetime Warranty

Fits:
-Volkswagen 2006-2008 MK5 GTI
-Volkswagen 2009-2011 MK6 GTI

In short, the TWM Performance Short Shifter will remove play from your OEM shifter thereby increasing feel, precision and accuracy of Your Car’s shifts! Our Cable Clamp attachment is designed to allow for 0 slack and play in the assembly. In addition, a feature that is UNIQUE to our Short Shifter is our FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE COUNTERWEIGHT. This allows you to Adjust the Feel of the shifter to Your own personal preference!

So now on to the important part! The Short Shifter is now on Pre-Order! This means that the shifters are currently IN PRODUCTION and will be shipping out on the WEEK of the 5th of September! We will be giving SPECIAL PRICING to people who place their orders on the PRE-ORDER to be shipped on the week of the 5th!

Regular price: $279.95

PRE-ORDER SPECIAL PRICE: $249.95

Getting on the pre-order will insure that you get the Very FIRST batch of shifters to market! To get on the PRE-ORDER, simply Place Your Order at the Link Below. You’ll be put on the list of the first Short Shifters to ship!

-TWM Performance MK5 GTi Short Shifter --- CLICK HERE To get in on the PRE-ORDER!

-TWM Performance MK6 GTi Short Shifter --- CLICK HERE To get in on the PRE-ORDER!

Also be sure to check out our Premium Weighted SHIFT KNOBS available in a combo deal with the Shifter at the link below! You can SAVE up to $30 on the purchase of Your Shift Knob!

www.twmshiftknobs.com

Feel free to ask any questions you may have by posting in this thread, sending us a pm, sending us an email (sales@twmperformance.com), or by giving us a call toll free at 1-877-655-0540.

Thanks!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance
www.twmperformance.com
www.twmshiftknobs.com

jstrau8

Ready to race!
When are you accepting preorders until? No lengthening/shortening of cables required right? Just "plug and play"?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
mad dollaz.... what is the comparison/advantages of not adjusting the side to side then, compared to the DG unit, and for the extra cost for this kit?

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
mad dollaz.... what is the comparison/advantages of not adjusting the side to side then, compared to the DG unit, and for the extra cost for this kit?

Potential to miss shifts with a reduced side to side. But with any SS you need to get used to it.

Our unit has a couple of advantages. First of all, we've been in the Short Shifter business for over 10 years, and we've NEVER engineered a Side-to-Side throw reduction on a Short Shifter for the simple reason that it causes miss-shifts. When you're used to moving over 2 inches to grab 4th gear from 5th, you don't want to end up in 2nd on an aggressive down shift by accident. So we stay away from Side-to-Side reductions simply because it's the industry standard for safety and quality.

As for the justification of the extra $ over the competition, bottom line is that you're getting TWM Performance Quality which is unparalleled in terms of fit, finish, and functionality. More specifically, our Cable connections have tighter tolerances than any other short shifter on the market which makes for a tighter, more precise, and accurate Shifter feel inside the cabin. In addition all of our products are guaranteed for life.

Finally, for reasons that are beyond our understanding, most other competitor's Short Shifter designs on the market decide to completely ignore any form of counterweight. This makes for a notchy, mechanical feel. The TWM Performance Short Shifter not only has a counterweight built into it (like the OEM unit), but the weight is adjustable so that you can customize the feel of your short shifter. If you want to run no counterweights to get a mechanical feel and notchier feel, you can; and if you want a butter smooth shift feel, simply adjust the weight to the highest setting...and you can do anything in between.

Hope this answers your questions, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

03boostedGTi

Ready to race!
any reason why its so expensive... i was thinking about this and waiting now i see the price and its making me hesitant for a 30% reduction. when i can get 120$ for a 40%

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Our unit has a couple of advantages. First of all, we've been in the Short Shifter business for over 10 years, and we've NEVER engineered a Side-to-Side throw reduction on a Short Shifter for the simple reason that it causes miss-shifts. When you're used to moving over 2 inches to grab 4th gear from 5th, you don't want to end up in 2nd on an aggressive down shift by accident. So we stay away from Side-to-Side reductions simply because it's the industry standard for safety and quality.

As for the justification of the extra $ over the competition, bottom line is that you're getting TWM Performance Quality which is unparalleled in terms of fit, finish, and functionality. More specifically, our Cable connections have tighter tolerances than any other short shifter on the market which makes for a tighter, more precise, and accurate Shifter feel inside the cabin. In addition all of our products are guaranteed for life.

Finally, for reasons that are beyond our understanding, most other competitor's Short Shifter designs on the market decide to completely ignore any form of counterweight. This makes for a notchy, mechanical feel. The TWM Performance Short Shifter not only has a counterweight built into it (like the OEM unit), but the weight is adjustable so that you can customize the feel of your short shifter. If you want to run no counterweights to get a mechanical feel and notchier feel, you can; and if you want a butter smooth shift feel, simply adjust the weight to the highest setting...and you can do anything in between.

Hope this answers your questions, and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything in depth. So this should feel just like stock as for as smoothness and effort is concerned, based on your last paragraph there? definitely considering it, just a lot of money...

any reason why its so expensive... i was thinking about this and waiting now i see the price and its making me hesitant for a 30% reduction. when i can get 120$ for a 40%

Any company who claims a throw reduction that is greater than 30% is doing 1 of 2 things; lying about their throw reduction, or your cables will be positioned to a point where there will be extreme pressure on them. This will cause a notchy feeling shifter, an un-smooth shifter, and potentially could cause damage.

Also it's important to note that throw reduction is but one of the many benefits that you get with a Short Shifter. Almost anyone can reduce the throws on a OEM shifter as it simply involves relocation the shifter cables. The difficult part, and the MAIN benefit of a Short Shifter set-up is the improved FEEL that you get from the modification. This is much more difficult to achieve, and even more so to perfect. It involves having carefully CNC machined parts with strict tolerances, and stiffer bushing and pivot connections (that will still allow for vibration, and movement).

Patrick
Team TWM Performance

Thanks for taking the time to explain everything in depth. So this should feel just like stock as for as smoothness and effort is concerned, based on your last paragraph there? definitely considering it, just a lot of money...

Correct! Smoothness and fluidity of shifts, as well as improved precision and accuracy are our goals with EVERY Short Shifter we produce!

jstrau8

Ready to race!
How big of a difference is a 30% decrease in the throw? And by that I mean is it a dramatic decrease? Because the throw right now is way too big. Do you know about how big of a distance the shift knob travels from stock to this kit?

How big of a difference is a 30% decrease in the throw? And by that I mean is it a dramatic decrease? Because the throw right now is way too big. Do you know about how big of a distance the shift knob travels from stock to this kit?

The difference is VERY noticeable. If you check out the link below, a member here on the forums was one of our test cars and did a nice write-up and review with pics and videos of the throw:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22000&highlight=twm+short+shifter

Should give you a pretty good idea

Larry M

Banned
;356181 said:
The difference is VERY noticeable. If you check out the link below, a member here on the forums was one of our test cars and did a nice write-up and review with pics and videos of the throw:

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22000&highlight=twm+short+shifter

Should give you a pretty good idea

yeahh that would be me :O !!!

to answer your question, check the video i made you will exactly see the throw distance and yes it in noticeable, i have it and love it and i added the weighted 600 grams shift-knob to complete the package and all i could say that i would never go back to stock :D

@ TWM thx guys great product, i've been driving with the SS for the past month and half and no complaint !!

Status
Not open for further replies.