GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

stage 2 mk6 GTI vs mk4 k04 GTI

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Soo last night im coming home from the Clippers vs. Warriors season opener and I see a lowered mk4 Behind Me on my ass so I step on it in 6 gear at about 75mph and he gets in the next lane and pulls about 3 1/2 cars on me I didn’t down shift cuz I don’t need to on a mk4 gti most of the time so he slowed down so we could go again that’s when I see his license plate (MK4 KO4) and he has APR stickers to so he has the APR 1.8t KO4 kit so we line up and do a 3 honk pull at 70mph I pull him by 2-3 cars then we slow down and he started yelling at me lets do a 45mph pull so we do and again I pull about 3-4 cars all the way up to about 130mph then we let off we both thru the peace sign and went are separate ways. I was surprised I pulled him that hard hear is some numbers from APR site the apr ko4 kit for the mk4 gti is good for 242hp/268lb-ft on 91 octane gas, and 245hp/275lb-ft on 93 octane gas vs my UNITRONIC STAGE 2 280HP / 325LB-TQ MK6 GTI 6-speed

http://www.goapr.com/products/tvk04.html

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/files/450_2011-2012_volkswagen_gti_mk6_20tsi_200hp_.html

PS: sorry no vid i would have loved to get one :(

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Soo last night im coming home from the Clippers vs. Warriors season opener and I see a lowered mk4 Behind Me on my ass so I step on it in 6 gear at about 75mph and he gets in the next lane and pulls about 3 1/2 cars on me I didn’t down shift cuz I don’t need to on a mk4 gti most of the time so he slowed down so we could go again that’s when I see his license plate (MK4 KO4) and he has APR stickers to so he has the APR 1.8t KO4 kit so we line up and do a 3 honk pull at 70mph I pull him by 2-3 cars then we slow down and he started yelling at me lets do a 45mph pull so we do and again I pull about 3-4 cars all the way up to about 130mph then we let off we both thru the peace sign and went are separate ways. I was surprised I pulled him that hard hear is some numbers from APR site the apr ko4 kit for the mk4 gti is good for 242hp/268lb-ft on 91 octane gas, and 245hp/275lb-ft on 93 octane gas vs my UNITRONIC STAGE 2 280HP / 325LB-TQ MK6 GTI 6-speed

http://www.goapr.com/products/tvk04.html

http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/main/en/files/450_2011-2012_volkswagen_gti_mk6_20tsi_200hp_.html

PS: sorry no vid i would have loved to get one :(

Awesome man, im going with uni as well purely because I dont have to drive 4 1/2 hours, and uni has some cool stuff coming up. Just wish they had a handheld swap like giac does. Stock/91/93/race... would be nice :)

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Awesome man, im going with uni as well purely because I dont have to drive 4 1/2 hours, and uni has some cool stuff coming up. Just wish they had a handheld swap like giac does. Stock/91/93/race... would be nice :)

Thanks ya you will love the uni tune are you going stage 1 or stage 2 ? and i hope one of the new cool stuff coming is program switching and better injectors

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Thanks ya you will love the uni tune are you going stage 1 or stage 2 ? and i hope one of the new cool stuff coming is program switching and better injectors

Stage 2, just need to pick up S3 IC off of ecstuning, and prolly an RAI motorsport DP since its cheap.

Theres a Uni dealer close to where I live who offered to build me a custom turbo kit as long as he can use my car as a guinea pig, more to come on that.

trd420

Go Kart Champion
Stage 2, just need to pick up S3 IC off of ecstuning, and prolly an RAI motorsport DP since its cheap.

Theres a Uni dealer close to where I live who offered to build me a custom turbo kit as long as he can use my car as a guinea pig, more to come on that.

Nice that would be cool custom turbo what turbo are they useing ?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I was surprised I pulled him that hard hear is some numbers from APR site the apr ko4 kit for the mk4 gti is good for 242hp/268lb-ft on 91 octane gas, and 245hp/275lb-ft on 93 octane gas vs my UNITRONIC STAGE 2 280HP / 325LB-TQ MK6 GTI 6-speed

:confused:

so....you beat a car with less power then you? Um, congrats? I smoked a Prius off the line yesterday, let's party. :D

Seriously, I'd like to go Stage 2 myself, but want to do it with all the bolt ons (DP, CBE, FMIC) and it's just too much cash......at least now.

Cooktenstein

Ready to race!

so....you beat a car with less power then you? Um, congrats? I smoked a Prius off the line yesterday, let's party. :D

Seriously, I'd like to go Stage 2 myself, but want to do it with all the bolt ons (DP, CBE, FMIC) and it's just too much cash......at least now.
:lol:

trd420

Go Kart Champion

LoL this is the vs thread. But they only weight 2,800lbs and it had a k04

fastgti69

M3 Eater
1.8t are super slow, even with k04. Good run though.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
LoL this is the vs thread. But they only weight 2,800lbs and it had a k04

I know it's the vs section, I was mostly busting your chops. I guess it's not like you were posting about racing a Nissan Cube.

Red2011GTI

Go Kart Champion
You would think a K04 1.8T would be make more power. The advances in engine technology the last 10 years is pretty amazing. We have more power and better gas mileage in almost everything that is offered today. My wife's 2011 300c with the 5.7l will get 29 mpg on the highway while being able to accelerate to 60 in the low 5s. They say the 60's was the golden age of horsepower but we are living in a golden age of power, gas mileage and emission less then 1% of what the cars of that era put out.

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
^the mk4 ko4 was a baby turbo....might even be smaller than our k03...can't confirms that though...it was the stock turbo off the 225 audi TT's...nothing special, but a nice upgrade for the 1.8t for cheap

scsilver2

The fail and incorrect statements in this thread is hilarious.

1. No MK4 GTI ever weighed 2800lbs unless it was weight reduced.
2. K04's are not smaller then K03's AND there are variants and modified K04's available now meaning there is a good chance it wasn't a turbo off a TT.

Good post, good kill....130mph may be a bit excessive but anyways back on topic.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
The fail and incorrect statements in this thread is hilarious.

1. No MK4 GTI ever weighed 2800lbs unless it was weight reduced.
2. K04's are not smaller then K03's AND there are variants and modified K04's available now meaning there is a good chance it wasn't a turbo off a TT.

Good post, good kill....130mph may be a bit excessive but anyways back on topic.

Actually there are some k04's that are smaller than k03's. Not all K04 are the same. The k04 upgrade for audi b5 s4 is smaller than a stock k03 that comes in the mk5 FSI GTI's. Just cause it's a k04 don't mean they're literally larger.

To others
The mk6 turbo is IHI btw, not k03.