GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Intake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
I know. I know. Use search...well I've read a lot and I still want more input.

My choices as of now are:
1. APR Carbonio Stage I & II
2. BSH Racing Intake or Modshack
3. Neuspeed P-Flo

Price isn't too much of a factor. I can get the APR for $440 total.
I like the looks of it, but how is the sound compared to others? I've watched videos but I don't think I can get an accurate measurement from a video.

Opinions? Please input. Especially if you have had these to compare.

Thanks a lot guys!:)

leiito1

Go Kart Champion
APR is quietest and BSH is loudest.. APR looks best...
They all do the same thing and the sound difference isn't really too great..
Adding the stage 2 pipe to the APR will increase the sound just a bit...
I love the APR, nothing beats its looks.

now, the BSH race intake offers the option to do a DV relocation or install a catch can sooo there's that...

APR gets my vote though and its on sale sooo... good luck

hippiesrock03

Go Kart Champion
APR is quietest and BSH is loudest.. APR looks best...
They all do the same thing and the sound difference isn't really too great..
Adding the stage 2 pipe to the APR will increase the sound just a bit...
I love the APR, nothing beats its looks.

now, the BSH race intake offers the option to do a DV relocation or install a catch can sooo there's that...

APR gets my vote though and its on sale sooo... good luck

Weird. I've heard APR is the loudest and BSH/Modshack are more conservative in terms of sound.
Have you had both APR and BSH?

nickGTI1

I love my modshack intake. Not noisy at all and you can have it colored to your liking (pricing could vary on the color I believe). Engine response is soooooo much better than stock and my mileage has gone from 315 miles to 340ish per tank with more spirited driving than before I had it.

markwid

Passed Driver's Ed
Don't bother with APR - Craponio. Mainly looks. Had it, ditched it.

Modshack seems to be doing the job.

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Just installed my modshack, and the throttle def feels more responsive. I checked the airflow and air temp with my vag-com on my k&n drop in filter compared to the modshack during the same time of the day, and at idle alone the modshack was running 16*c cooler and moving 3.1g of air more than the k&n with the stock airbox, oh and here's a video I took after the install.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHqXLndRDpg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Sorry don't know how to embed off my phone.

Sent from my Atrix 2 using Tapatalk.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Here is my AWE setup. Love it so far after 15000 miles and currently on stage 2.

sick12gti

Ready to race!
I put on the BSH Comp pipe with the BSH True Seal intake to replace my box. I can't tell the difference other then I here the D/V better.. I was in the same boat as you.. I'm blah about the fit and finish meaning it could be better .. its really up to you..

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
I had the APR, and went to a Forge Twintake, now I am switching to a ModShack. IMHO, the Modshack will probably be the best intake.

I know. I know. Use search...well I've read a lot and I still want more input.

My choices as of now are:
1. APR Carbonio Stage I & II
2. BSH Racing Intake or Modshack
3. Neuspeed P-Flo

Price isn't too much of a factor. I can get the APR for $440 total.
I like the looks of it, but how is the sound compared to others? I've watched videos but I don't think I can get an accurate measurement from a video.

Opinions? Please input. Especially if you have had these to compare.

Thanks a lot guys!:)

P

plac

Weird. I've heard APR is the loudest and BSH/Modshack are more conservative in terms of sound.
Have you had both APR and BSH?

that is correct. neuspeed is one of the quietest i tried also. carbonio was the loudest one i ever tried.

VW-TX

Go Kart Champion
Plac, you should have bought my Twintake to try it if you thought APR was loud. :)

P

plac

Plac, you should have bought my Twintake to try it if you thought APR was loud. :)

ha.. i despise that Forge intake actually, just my personal opinion. I think its the dumbest looking intake in existence for our cars. Unless someone is making a true trailer queen to win prizes or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.