GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Subaru advice

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
haha mitsu guy cant leave me alone jesus...

"would you consider the black MR EVO I found with 400 miles on it for the right price.
Thanks,"

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
09+ WRX has been tested 0-60 in under 5 seconds, btw. some as low as 4.7-4.8

Evo X is faster on a road course/track, but slower in a straight line compared to the IX.

P

plac

09+ WRX has been tested 0-60 in under 5 seconds, btw. some as low as 4.7-4.8

damn stock?? so you chip a WRX, you could hit 4.5s 0-60 easily? thats faster than my chipped 135i was..

fuck interiors man... who wouldn't enjoy that kind of power.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
damn stock?? so you chip a WRX, you could hit 4.5s 0-60 easily? thats faster than my chipped 135i was..

hahaha, exactly.

yep, because of the 5spd, its been faster 0-60 than some STI tests ;)

stage 2 on the WRX would be quite beastly, no doubt about it.

And yep, thats why many buy them - they dont care about the interior, the performance and AWD are the main reasons to buy them.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Do you guys realize that you can't really race those things (STIs,WRXs) 0-60 constantly? Launching the car like that feels like shit and like something is going to break.

Its not like a DSG that does all the work for you...

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
you can street launch easy in them, their awd and street start launches are fine, but yes - your point on the constant 0-60 abuse/drag strip abuse can be bad for them. If you are smooth on the clutch let-off, they do just fine.

P

plac

you can street launch easy in them, their awd and street start launches are fine, but yes - your point on the constant 0-60 abuse/drag strip abuse can be bad for them. If you are smooth on the clutch let-off, they do just fine.

i would only want the automatic STI whatever its called. I don't even think they make it anymore. A DSG-like tranny with STI power would be like a GTI K04 almost..

fuck man... if i wasn't married with a 1 year old.. i'd be trading in my GTI for a WRX this weekend. and probably lowering my monthly..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
i would only want the automatic STI whatever its called. I don't even think they make it anymore. A DSG-like tranny with STI power would be like a GTI K04 almost..

fuck man... if i wasn't married with a 1 year old.. i'd be trading in my GTI for a WRX this weekend. and probably lowering my monthly..

They don't have automatic STIs period, they only have a dual clutch on the EVO X.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
there was a JDM "Spec A" STI with paddle shifters.. who knows , it could make its way over in the next gen. Only dual clutch on the Evo X MR, not GSR , which is 5spd only.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion

Just to make sure this gets put out here... 0-60 is a poor indicator when you're trying to compare a 2wd car to a 4wd.

The 1/4 mile time is a much better indicator for that. The WRXs and STIs are all about launch... they are very quick to 30 and to 60. But if you look at their trap speeds, they are pathetic, in the high 90s... similar to a stock GTI.

Also this is a clear indicator that an STI/WRX from a roll is a lot slower that you would think.

Your 135i with a chip should trap at 110mph+ rule of thumb is 10WHP for every 1mph at the end of the 1/4. So you must have had 100whp on a stock STI. The 135 is faster in a straight line in any scenario but a drivetrain destroying launch by the STI/WRX until 30/60mph

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They had a limited edition STi back in like 02 but it was garbage. Here in the US that is.

Make a decision yet? I forgot were you looking at the GSR Evo (in white) or the WRX?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
They had a limited edition STi back in like 02 but it was garbage. Here in the US that is.

there was never an STI in the US prior to the MY2004. the Spec A I was talking about was within the last few years, JDM only.

Phalanxr

Ready to race!
Make a decision yet? I forgot were you looking at the GSR Evo (in white) or the WRX?

I want the WRX, but im always open to negotiations.

Id prefer a dual clutch over a manual anyday. I thought Evos were difficult to find yet this mitsu guy seems to have a plethora of them that have been sitting in dealer show rooms forever... makes me wonder :)