GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The radar detector saved my ass thread

kern417

Go Kart Champion
1. Detector brand and model Passport 9500ix
2. How many times its paid for itself I can't count
3. How many tickets you have gotten with it failing on you I have gotten 2 but not from it failing. one was a plain clothes cop that paced me, another was from laser. I'll be installing my laser jammer soon to stop that one.
4. Do you like to go fast? Yes at least 10-15 over
5. Something interesting about yourself related or not I throw up on doctors when they do the tongue depression thing with a popsicle stick. every time.

No radar detector, 1 speeding ticket 11 years ago. I drive 30k miles a year and hit triple digits almost daily.

Just don't drive like an idiot and you won't need that unreliable crap.

no.

No radar anymore, had a nice Passport X50i (I think, something like that). It caused as many tickets as its saved. I ditched it a long time, I'm much better off without one and just not driving like a cocksucker. Random thing - I'm doing Ironman Louisville in 30 days from now.

that's whats up. i'd like to do one some day

Scratch Virginia from my list of places to ever live in.

and d.c.

d.c. is in Virginia bro

damn laser!!! i bet it let you know when it hit you tho! so you had time to say o shit 50times before you ever saw the blue lights....

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
So most of us probably have a radar detector, if you don't and your performance moded, your either stupid or don't like to have fun or extremely clever.
I must be extremely clever then. :D

I have never owned a radar detector and I've only gotten one speeding ticket, more than 20 years ago -- I slowly passed a cop on a wide-open freeway at typical L.A. freeway speeds because I was late for work.

Having said that, I am extremely aware of my surroundings and always scan both the road ahead and behind me. I drive alone 99% of the time, don't listen to the radio much and rarely use the phone while driving, so there are very few distractions.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
1. 8500x50
2. 2
3. ?
4. yes

IMHO not worth the annoying beeps

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
d.c. is in Virginia bro

damn laser!!! i bet it let you know when it hit you tho! so you had time to say o shit 50times before you ever saw the blue lights....

DC is in Maryland.

kern417

Go Kart Champion
d.c. is in Virginia bro

yep. i was planning on selling my laser interceptor because they don't use laser in kentucky but one day i drive up to indianapolis and not even 5 miles over the river into indiana i got hit. i knew it was laser because i'd only heard the sound one other time and it's the most annoying piercing scream i've ever heard an electronic device make. it actually made me jump. but he got me good, he was just over the crest of a hill so i didn't stand a chance.

Once you have a good physical base going sign up for one and start training. I use this training plan http://cdn.triathlete-europe.competitor.com/files/2012/06/Super-Simple-Ironman-Training-Plan.pdf but I do 3 days of lifting a week on top of the scheduled workouts and some of the runs I go up to 10,000ish feet to do.

just not sure if i have enough commitment to train that seriously. i struggle enough trying to get into the gym 3 days a week :(