GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. D Griff

Powl: Who is older, FAP or Irishbri

So we have two members that are old as fuck posting in OT. Who is older?
  2. D Griff

Anyone: Should I order this vanity plate?

So... I'm thinking of ordering the vanity plate "POORVETT". Thoughts?
  3. D Griff

Powl: Anyone, what pizza crust flavor should I get?

Ok... it's Friday night... I'm chilling solo at my place, a pizza is getting ordered. So pizza hut $11 build your own is happening... pan style large. First Half: Pepperoni Sausage Bacon Peppers Mushrooms Second Half: Ham Bacon Pineapple Jalepenis Banana Peppers So what sauce flavor?
  4. D Griff

Powl: Anyone, what phone should I get?

So... I'll be replacing my GS3 in a week or two, new contract, new upgrade. I'm thinking maybe: iPhone 6 or 6+ My main complaint with iPhones has always been the tiny screen sizes and lack of a good typing option like Swype. They've now fixed this, and I do find iPhones to run smoother and...
  5. D Griff

Anyone: how do you cook your bacon?

FAP hath willed this thread into existence. So... how do you prepare it?
  6. D Griff

Pole: should trev be unbanned to show pictures of his female family members?

Well, yes or no? Pretty simple.
  7. D Griff

Griff needs a new ride

Well, the time has come, unfortunately sooner than expected. My '90 Miata isn't going to work for me anymore. The car left me and my date stranded yesterday for four hours on the side of a road in rural NC. I don't want a project car, I need a fairly reliable daily and this thing needs to be...
  8. D Griff

Track/autox/summer wheel and tire setup

CHEAP! CHEAP! CHEAP! Track/autox/summer wheel and tire setup SOLD. Finally. Aaaaaannnnnnd, I'm out of credit card debt.
  9. D Griff

Here's why BMW drivers are the worst:

So I'm at a bar last night... my roommate was dancing with a lady and her friend who's a pretty hot chubbier chick starts working one me. I figure, eh, we can dance/talk/whatever, see where it goes. Somehow it comes up that I'm a big car guy, and this girl goes "oh, well probably not like me...
  10. D Griff

Volkswagen GTI drivers

I don't know about everyone else, but it seems like every time I see someone in a GTI, it's some flat brimmed wearing tool bag trying to race me. They're always spinning the P Zero tires with their stage 2 powah! Ass holes.
  11. D Griff

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread

General Car, Inferior or Superior Interior, & Eternal Mullet Barge Discussion Thread I don't know about everyone else, but I really enjoy talking about cars. We all love them, we all sip Kool Aid of some kind, whether it be the Euro, Honda, VW, K04, Ford, GM, or any other variety. With recent...
  12. D Griff

Mustang reveal tomorrow

Apparently Ford releases official pics tomorrow!Looks pretty good visually to me and autoweek says it will indeed shed 200 pounds. Hopefully this is true! Anxiously awaiting the pictures. It looks like there's no "Gotta Have it Green" or "Grabber Blue" though :cry: This really may be my next...
  13. D Griff

350Z/Carmax test drive exerience review

Well, hanging out in OT yesterday, Merkle mentioned how easy it is to test drive cars at Carmax, so I figured I'd give it a try. I went to their website and checked out the inventory at the South Blvd Charlotte location. Now, I'm stuck in the 1930s so anything with an automatic transmission is...
  14. D Griff

Griff's wheel/tire setup

Alright wheel and tire gurus... I'm selling my Miata and buying a summer wheel/tire set. This will stay on the car 9-10 months a year, do a couple of track days/year and probably 10-15 auto-x events. The short NC winter will be covered by my Pirellis/Detroits. I'd like to spend around $1k...
  15. D Griff

Griff's car conundrum

Well, here I am in car talk OT, starting a thread discussing my future automotive purchases/sales. I'm not trying to start an epic 1,000 page+ thread, I think plac and McQueen have that covered. But maybe just some insight from the regulars or anyone else who'd like to give their $0.02. A few...
  16. D Griff

work shirts - boring thread

So, I have to wear button down dress shirts to work every day, like I'm sure many of my fellow forum members do. I need to order some new ones and I'm kind of torn/unsure of what to get. Now, they MUST be no iron. I'm not ironing, period. I'm also not paying $3/shirt every week to get them...
  17. D Griff

Ford Ecoboost challenge

So I finally got to do this Saturday... and it was a pretty cool event, especially for free. My main point of this thread: Focus ST >> GTI :( The hypermiling challege was alright, I was able to get 84.7 MPG in the Fusion Hybrid, could only get about 60 in the C-Max. Somebody got like 108 and...
  18. D Griff

Terrible tips from my VW dealer about car washing

I generally like my VW dealer a lot. They're mod friendly, performed my tune and have good service. But they emailed me this, and honestly, it's terrible. Anyone ever heard any of this advice? It just makes me cringe... http://www.vwsouthcharlottenews.com/Articles/green-car-washing-tips...
  19. D Griff

Tapatalk Deal

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up, Tapatalk 4 is "on sale" right now for $0.99 instead of $5... This is in the Google PlayStore, not sure if iPhone folk get the deal. I just bought it, first app I've ever paid for. Yay for more forum viewing on the porcelain throne :thumbup:
  20. D Griff

failed at " stock for life"

Well, I'm throwing away my signature on here... I'm sitting at the dealer waiting on my Unitronic "stage 1+" aka 93 octane tune. I came in for my 30k service and just to price out the installed tune, then decided to do it. I just got a bonus so fuck it! $675. Not bad...