Votes: 12 24.5%
  • Nexus or some other Android phone

Votes: 15 30.6%
  • Keep the GS3, fatass.

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
So... I'll be replacing my GS3 in a week or two, new contract, new upgrade.

I'm thinking maybe:

iPhone 6 or 6+
My main complaint with iPhones has always been the tiny screen sizes and lack of a good typing option like Swype. They've now fixed this, and I do find iPhones to run smoother and better for longer than my Samsungs.

GS5
Waterproof and stronger glass are a big plus... but I've had a Galaxy S and S3 and haven't loved them.

Moto X/Nexxus/other shit?
I'm open to other suggestions... just tell me why I should get it.

Right now I'm thinking I'll just be an epic douche/Basic Bitch and get the iPhone 6+.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Anything will feel like an upgrade from the GS3 (rest in Hell, you piece of shit). I got a 5s and love it compared to the GS3, I haven't used the 6 but I don't feel I need the extra real estate.

I like the consistent updates you get with iPhones, Androids are locked down through Verizon at least so I didn't get Android updates.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Anything will feel like an upgrade from the GS3 (rest in Hell, you piece of shit). I got a 5s and love it compared to the GS3, I haven't used the 6 but I don't feel I need the extra real estate.

I like the consistent updates you get with iPhones, Androids are locked down through Verizon at least so I didn't get Android updates.

Thanks man... I have a 5C also from work and I don't like the smaller screen. My GS3 has been... fine... just not really good. First one I had shit the bed randomly and they gave me a second one free and it runs way better for whatever reason.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
My GS4 is still baller since june 2013, would have no qualms about going GS5 if I had to get a new phone. GF just got an LG G3 or some shit, I guess it's ok too.

What do you actually do with your phone (or want to do)?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
My GS4 is still baller since june 2013, would have no qualms about going GS5 if I had to get a new phone. GF just got an LG G3 or some shit, I guess it's ok too.

What do you actually do with your phone (or want to do)?

Nothing out of the ordinary...

Gchat
Email
Nav
Forumz
Facebook messenger
Texting
Taking pictures
Snapchat
Reading
Calorie tracking app
Banking
Talking on the phone obviously
Yelp

GODDAMN I'M A BASIC BITCH.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I stream a shit ton of music also... any of them will work fine, I just want something that's nice to use and won't shit the bed after six months.

My iPhone 5C kind of blows, but it works and feels exactly like it did after 10 months.

I like the GS3 more in theory, but after like a year (on the second one) it just lags and runs worse than it used to. My first one totally shit the bed after almost a year, for no reason... It would just power off all the time at random, freeze, etc.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
At that point you're probably better off getting an iphone like everyone else. Android is for nerds.

Androids are for nerds and poor people.

iPhones are for basic bitches and rich people.

Windoge phones are for Microsoft employees.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I got the Galaxy in particular largely because it supports aptx bluetooth protocols (massively upgraded sound quality over bluetooth) and because I had 2 different iphone 4s's die on me.

I've also added wireless charging to it and use it a lot to look at files from my home pc - iOS last time I used it made the simple task of browsing files a pain in the ass and didn't support a lot of media codecs even if you could browse the files. It might be better now. (I HATE the look of the newer iOS though, they made it look like a kid's "my first computer" toy)

razr390

Go Kart Champion

This.

Unless you have a Google/Motorola Android phone you get software updates weeks/months after their official release.

Nothing out of the ordinary...

Gchat
Email
Nav
Forumz
Facebook messenger
Texting
Taking pictures
Snapchat
Reading
Calorie tracking app
Banking
Talking on the phone obviously
Yelp

GODDAMN I'M A BASIC BITCH.

iPhone will excel at all of those.

Androids are for nerds and poor people.

iPhones are for basic bitches and rich people.

Windoge phones are for Microsoft employees.

Windoge is also for Haley.

Bad decizionz.

I recommend an iPhone 6+ for you since you'd like the screen real estate and you already have a small iPhone from work.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I got the Galaxy in particular largely because it supports aptx bluetooth protocols (massively upgraded sound quality over bluetooth) and because I had 2 different iphone 4s's die on me.

I've also added wireless charging to it and use it a lot to look at files from my home pc - iOS last time I used it made the simple task of browsing files a pain in the ass and didn't support a lot of media codecs even if you could browse the files. It might be better now. (I HATE the look of the newer iOS though, they made it look like a kid's "my first computer" toy)

I replaced my iPhone 4S about 5-6 times within one year. One small OCD problem after another.

I have yet to do anything with my iPhone 5S, but I will most likely take it in and get a new one right before the 1-year Apple Care runs out, just in case.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

Interesting... higher quality audio over Bluetooth would be nice, I use BT at home to connect to my stereo rig.

Unfortunately my work truck and car only have AM/FM/CD :lol:

All of the file sharing stuff I'll never use anyway. Agreed on the iOS appearance downgrade, I don't know why they went all Fisher Price on it.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
I replaced my iPhone 4S about 5-6 times within one year. One small OCD problem after another.

I have yet to do anything with my iPhone 5S, but I will most likely take it in and get a new one right before the 1-year Apple Care runs out, just in case.

I'm going to get my phone replaced at 11 months every time from now on... I walked in with my first GS3, told them it sucked and they mailed me a new one, easy peasy.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
I'm going to get my phone replaced at 11 months every time from now on... I walked in with my first GS3, told them it sucked and they mailed me a new one, easy peasy.

Oh also, the fact that there are actual Apple stores where you can go get customer/technical support and warranty your phones vs. going into retail stores and waiting for the new phone to come in, etc. is a bonus.

rawbdog

Go Kart Champion
iPhone 6 just because. No good reason at all.