GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

0-60 Times & Specs

Cheesecake

Ready to race!
So I approached a red light today and was bored.

Put my P3 vent gauge to time 0-60 and went for it.

APR Stage 2, Carbonio 1, Awe DP, Stock Catback. 6MT.

Curious as to what other members' times and what setup you running?

JammingJay

Ready to race!
I believe Plac ran a 5.4-5.5 with a Stage II DSG setup using a P3 to measure.

5.7-5.8 on a 6spd is pretty good especially if you're running stock rubber.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I believe Plac ran a 5.4-5.5 with a Stage II DSG setup using a P3 to measure.

5.7-5.8 on a 6spd is pretty good especially if you're running stock rubber.

Was it stage 1 or 2? I thought for some reason he was faster 0-60 with stage 1 due to traction...

Wonder what he'd do now KO4!

Good time though for a manual!

Cheesecake

Ready to race!
I was honestly shocked when I saw this number as this was the first legit timed run. Was expecting ~6 sec TBH.

GTmyI

Ready to race!
Did couple today at a new developing area!

I am DSG GIAC stage 1 other than that Stock

I was getting around 6.0, 6.3, and 6.7 depends on how good my launch is!

GTmyI

Ready to race!
I was told by some others that for 0-60 for stage 1 or stage 2 should not be a whole lot of different. It is when doing a roll or after 60+ thats when stage 2 would start pulling?

Am I correct?

Cheesecake

Ready to race!
0-60 really all depends on the launch. From a roll, I think you'll see stage 2 pull on stage 1 w/o question.

GTmyI

Ready to race!
So really even with K04, DP, Intake, Tune you might be still be getting like 5.3-6.0 for 0-60. but running a low 13 for 1/4?

Cheesecake

Ready to race!
Hard to say. I would think that before you can get significant increased in 0-60 w/ k04, you would need supporting mods, i.e. tires, mounts, etc.

curtpank

I'm DSG, Revo stg 1 and Carbonio 1 and I have zero traction with the stock Pirelli all-seasons. Doesn't matter if I use the traction control or not.

All I can do from a dig is roll into the pedal slowly at first until it hooks up. If I'm going 50km/h (about 31mph) and I stomp it the wheels spin and trac control engages.

I can't imagine doing a dig with stg 2 or higher without seriously upgrading the rubber

Thumper

Autocross Champion
There are two major determining factor for 0-60 regardless of what is under your hood.

1. Tires
  2. Driver

And #2 only matters in a manual. :D