GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2014 Lexus IS 350 F Sport First Drive

Hooklyn

Banned
i don't see anything wrong with that...these cars are pretty fast as is despite being boring. no carbon build up problems like ie all the euro cars have

The 350 is quick enough but gets poor gas mileage and is overall inefficient.
The 250 is among the slowest in the segment with also among the worst gas mileage.

And they are less prone to build-up but aren't untirely immune. Carbon build-up is a trait of direct injection more than it is forced-induction. These are still direct injection motors but they do combine the more traditional port-injection as well.

I would still prefer an N20/N55 motor or 2.0T/3.0T to the 2.5/3.5 offered here, generally speaking.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
I'd like to test drive one(transmission vs.DSG),visually still not convinced(ext.) and totally agree about the missing space in the rear seats,still very sleek dashboard.I could digest the one in black,but in white while they wanna show off its lines,it is not for me.:)

HardCandy

Go Kart Champion
So the Japanese design a car to be synthetically fun to drive with various steering calculations and throttle sensations whereas the germans make cars that are actually fast and inherently fun.

the Is is a car for people who covet technology and love to drive the speed limit.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I posted this in the wrong forum, should have been gen car news and discussion.

people, people.. this was just something to look at, etc.. not saying its a fantastic car, simply posting about cars, since most true enthusiasts like to keep their eye on things and the market, design, and so on. I didn't say this was the best car in the world. I didn't say its fast for the money. It's just a fucking car to check out.. J.H.C. , some of you...

dynamiik

Ready to race!
I still can't get over that damn front grill.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
people, people.. this was just something to look at, etc.. not saying its a fantastic car, simply posting about cars, since most true enthusiasts like to keep their eye on things and the market, design, and so on. I didn't say this was the best car in the world. I didn't say its fast for the money. It's just a fucking car to check out.. J.H.C. , some of you...

And I'm just talking about it, trying to figure out why anyone on earth would ever purchase it over its competition. I like to keep up with things too, but usually I end up scratching my head over what companies choose to release.

FNR32

Ready to race!
People who buy Lexus typically do so because they are brand loyal and the cars have staying power. I have a 03' Lexus GS430 with 100k+ on it and it's still a comfortable and reliable car to drive. It still moves out decently, and the only issue i've had out of it are wheel bearings (which are wearable). The same cannot be said for any Audi or BMW from 2003.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
And I'm just talking about it, trying to figure out why anyone on earth would ever purchase it over its competition. I like to keep up with things too, but usually I end up scratching my head over what companies choose to release.

I get that, but comparing it to a Mustang V6 :confused:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
That's my opinion of the bare minimum performance required to be considered a "performance" car. If it's slower than a $20k Ford, it's not a performance vehicle.

They esimated 0-60 at 5.2 seconds for the IS :confused: while its not balls out fast, its still quite quick.

It is a 4 door vehicle.

Luxury.

Design has improved, whether you like it or not, it will appeal to the masses.

It's primary objective is not performance - its probably a close 2nd to the luxury and design of it.

While I get what you are saying, you don't seem to understand how different market segments work/are classified. To that end, I can respect a vehicle in a different segment than what I would buy, whether I truly like it or not.

Hooklyn

Banned
That's my opinion of the bare minimum performance required to be considered a "performance" car. If it's slower than a $20k Ford, it's not a performance vehicle.

The IS350 outperforms a V6 Mustang though...

And isn't that relative of the class it operates in?

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Right, it is in a different segment. Its direct competitor is the 335i. How does it compare?

New 335i is not so hot compared to the last one.

Some may like the looks of the Lexus over the bimmer.

Some may prefer the quality of the toyota engine over the bimmer.

Some may prefer the interior design of the lex over the ( lack thereof ) of the bimmer.

And so on...