Automotive Engineer
Wow. Seems like it did rather well.

I may look into this.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Expected review is expected.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I disagree.. the 5.4 0-60 figure released had everyone worried... then thankfully, came about the 1.10G handling figure and now these reviews.. good to hear about the seats and the no fuss simple 50/50 AWD remaining the same. VERY glad to hear the shifter is getting good reviews as well.. I'm definitely interested in this car, but goddamn.. what does this say about how good the STI could be!? I mean, they've addressed many issues with the old wrx, except for the expected looks really.

Squashdaddy

Go Kart Champion
I may be the only one, but I think the exterior styling, especially the front, is hideous. It almost looks as though the whole front to the back of the front wheels was just popped on.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
the front is basically the Evo X... the side is a civic Si.. the rear is the same corrolla rear they've been using for a while now... people don't buy this car for looks.. that's been said ad nauseum on here.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
I disagree.. the 5.4 0-60 figure released had everyone worried... then came about the 1.10G handling figure and now these reviews.. good to hear about the seats and the no fuss simple 50/50 AWD remaining the same. VERY glad to hear the shifter is getting good reviews as well.. I'm definitely interested in this car, but goddamn.. what does this say about how good the STI could be!? I mean, they've addressed many issues with the old wrx, except for the expected looks really.

All that speculation was worthless. We both knew that.

Honestly, all Subaru did was listen to the complaints about the old car (gas mileage, shitty shifter, soft suspension, numb steering), and fix them. There's nothing earth shattering here, it doesn't do anything completely new, it's just the old car, the way it should have been.

That's not a bad thing mind you, I'm actually quite impressed that it sounds like Subaru addressed all the complaints about the old one. I'd probably enjoy driving one greatly. But I just don't see it being worth the omgfapslooooggeeefest the rest of this forum doles out to it.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
I may be the only one, but I think the exterior styling, especially the front, is hideous. It almost looks as though the whole front to the back of the front wheels was just popped on.

You're not the only one.

the front is basically the Evo X... the side is a civic Si.. the rear is the same corrolla rear they've been using for a while now... people don't buy this car for looks.. that's been said ad nauseum on here.

This. Don't buy it for looks.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I disagree.. the 5.4 0-60 figure released had everyone worried... then thankfully, came about the 1.10G handling figure and now these reviews.. good to hear about the seats and the no fuss simple 50/50 AWD remaining the same. VERY glad to hear the shifter is getting good reviews as well.. I'm definitely interested in this car, but goddamn.. what does this say about how good the STI could be!? I mean, they've addressed many issues with the old wrx, except for the expected looks really.

STI could be interesting in fact...

Right now the WRX is the car the current WRX should have been from the beginning
:)

There is no way in hell this car pulls in 1.1 Gs with those skinny ass A/S tires.