GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

5.0 Mustangs...

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
:iono: What is X-Plan pricing?

Basically Supplier pricing that you can get if you work for a company as a supplier, or if you join an organization like the Mustang Club of America.

$50/year to join the MCA and you get a magazine and X-Plan pricing for up to 2 cars per year.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Yah, I get X-Plan because of where I work. We drive Ford amberlamps.

Gotta be honest, the amount of abuse these things take without breaking ever day is alarming. Long periods if idling then when we do drive it is mostly flooring it everywhere we go - both pedals. It weighs like 10k pounds or something too. Amazing.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Basically Supplier pricing that you can get if you work for a company as a supplier, or if you join an organization like the Mustang Club of America.

$50/year to join the MCA and you get a magazine and X-Plan pricing for up to 2 cars per year.

Ah. Killer. Honestly, I don't see a better performance value out there at the moment. Plus the interior is a lot more superior.

Did you get "Equipment Group 401A"....with the Shaker Stereo, Blind Spot Whadda Whadda, and so forth?

What's the spread between MSRP and Invoice on your car, if you know?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
I am, actually. If you want to move the bay area and have some impressive coding and scripting skills, PM me your resume.

uh yeah im great at that stuff. can you just take my word instead of resume?
Id really appreciate some cars like that

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Yes, those hold value extremely well.

Are you really going Mustang??

It's probably at the top right now for next car.... just things are still kind of holding me back, it really makes sense to keep the Miata and I'm still pretty enticed by the FRS.

The '14s are being heavily discounted now, advertising $38k GT Premium cars for $32k and the cheaper ones are down $3-4k without negotiating at all. Also, around here the supply is already drying up. If you're really thinking about a '14, I'd get moving now and work some deals.

Right now isn't the time for me really... I still have some retarded credit card debt that needs to be gone before I buy anything, promise I made myself make to myself :laugh: It should all be taken care of in a month or two though, then it's fair game.

I'm seeing base GTs listed on autotrader.com in my area for around $26-27k :eek:

I really want Gotta Have it Green, I'd like the PP and Recaros but I don't really care about any luxury features... we'll have to see. I was planning on going used honestly, but looking at the prices it seems kind of useless.

I spent about an hour checking out the 2015s at the Ford site yesterday. Seems like to me you get a LOT for your money with the GT Premium at $36100 MSRP and the Performance Package adds $2495.

You get an ENORMOUS amount of substantial stuff with that PP...but idk about the black only wheels...?

The 2015 is a LOT NICER CAR than the 2014....certainly worth the premium over the 2014 to me. Cooled Seats? YES!

Anyway, I don't know how you can argue that the GT Premium +PP at <40K MSRP (and who knows what actual price in another 8 months) is not a screaming deal.

Car is bad ass, and I want one, sans the mandatory black ramz.

Yep, it's an epic car for $40k. All the people saying that's too much for a Mustang are high and badge whoring fools. I would love the new one but $35-40k is just too much for me, I'm only home on weekends and sometimes not even then and I shouldn't spend more than half of my salary on a car :laugh: If I can get the '14 I want in the $25-30k range, I'm golden... I'd still rather get a '12 for $20k or less but I'm not sure if that will happen.

Yah, I get X-Plan because of where I work. We drive Ford amberlamps.

Gotta be honest, the amount of abuse these things take without breaking ever day is alarming. Long periods if idling then when we do drive it is mostly flooring it everywhere we go - both pedals. It weighs like 10k pounds or something too. Amazing.

I wonder if I could get it, since I rock the F-550 for work. That thing is a tank for sure, but I'm at 21k pounds :laugh: Worst handling machine I've ever driven.

Joining the MCA would be easy enough though, but it won't matter for me since I doubt I'll go for a new one. I mean, I could just get the 2.3T but I kind of really want a V8 for my next car.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
V8 is the answer. It always is.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
Ah. Killer. Honestly, I don't see a better performance value out there at the moment. Plus the interior is a lot more superior.

Did you get "Equipment Group 401A"....with the Shaker Stereo, Blind Spot Whadda Whadda, and so forth?

What's the spread between MSRP and Invoice on your car, if you know?

Yes, I chose 401A.

MSRP: $42,405
X-Plan: $39,816
Invoice: 39,702

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
uh yeah im great at that stuff. can you just take my word instead of resume?
Id really appreciate some cars like that

Hah.. Sorry, if I could afford to hide someone unqualified on my team it would be someone that I know that would kick back 30% of their salary to me. ;) We have so much work I'm looking for a work-a-holic that has no friends, no family, and no desire to know what it's like to have a life. :laugh:

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Hah.. Sorry, if I could afford to hide someone unqualified on my team it would be someone that I know that would kick back 30% of their salary to me. ;) We have so much work I'm looking for a work-a-holic that has no friends, no family, and no desire to know what it's like to have a life. :laugh:

This is why I avoided the SF tech industry.

The Waxer

Go Kart Champion
This is why I avoided the SF tech industry.

It's not always crazy, but I like to be honest because there are times where it is insane and most people wouldn't get it.

The sprints before a start of production by one of the big auto manufacturers gets insane and we do that to make sure that people like you and me, the buyer will be happy (because that happens on the internet). :)

The compensation is good both short and longer term, so you just have to weigh your options and goals.

I can respect avoiding the industry but for me, I've been fully invested since 1990, so even though I have other skills, nothing would pay me even close.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
It's not always crazy, but I like to be honest because there are times where it is insane and most people wouldn't get it.

The sprints before a start of production by one of the big auto manufacturers gets insane and we do that to make sure that people like you and me, the buyer will be happy (because that happens on the internet). :)

The compensation is good both short and longer term, so you just have to weigh your options and goals.

I can respect avoiding the industry but for me, I've been fully invested since 1990, so even though I have other skills, nothing would pay me even close.

Oh yeah, there's definitely money in it, and I'm sure a lot of satisfaction when cool stuff comes to fruition and such. I'm just not the type of person who likes to dedicate my life to work... mucho respect for the people that are though, the world wouldn't be where it is today without you guys. I'll probably never make quite as much money as some, but I don't really mind that. I do have a pretty good app idea that I'm going to try to make though, so ya never know.