GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

amp and sub in ubberstealth box and rack?

jmul54

Ready to race!
If you own niks ubberstealth box and amp rack what are u running? About to buy these just trying to get some input on what to install. Nik said go pioneer or mb. I ran all fosgate stuff in my previous car and it was great. Any input would be great.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I don't have either of his products, but you MIGHT be able to install a Rockford Fosgate Prime 10" shallow-mount sub in one of his boxes. That particular sub requires at least 3 7/16" of mounting depth. I'm just not sure how deep his boxes are. As for the amp rack, there are a few Fosgate amps that will fit.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
the fosgate can be used but the box has to be taller. This can cause problems with the tie down points on the sides.

If you are not a pioneer or MB Quart fan, there is the alpine type R, clarion makes a sub that will fit.

Any sub 3.125" deep or less can fit.

as far as amps, there are a lot that fit, and I have made custom racks to fit special amps upon request

Blaylock1988

Ready to race!
the fosgate can be used but the box has to be taller. This can cause problems with the tie down points on the sides.

If you are not a pioneer or MB Quart fan, there is the alpine type R, clarion makes a sub that will fit.

Any sub 3.125" deep or less can fit.

as far as amps, there are a lot that fit, and I have made custom racks to fit special amps upon request

I hope you mean an alpine shallow mount right? I have a regular 600W Type-R and it is way too deep for an uberstealth.

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I think Nik meant to say the Alpine SWR-T10 shallow-mount Type R sub. At $289+, that's sooooo NOT WORTH it.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
I agree on the bad return on investment. FOr the cost of the pioneer TS-SW2501 or MB Quart RPL254, and so many people are using them and are happy, its hard to recommend any other subs. None are as proven as these ones in this box

nvturbo

Go Kart Champion
I agree on the bad return on investment. FOr the cost of the pioneer TS-SW2501 or MB Quart RPL254, and so many people are using them and are happy, its hard to recommend any other subs. None are as proven as these ones in this box

Honestly Nik, considering the limited mounting depth, there aren't really that much "variety" of shallow-mount 10" subs out there that will fit. For what it's worth, those two brands will do for most folks who plan/use your boxes.

jmul54

Ready to race!
Ok guys so I pulled the trigger and bought both the amp rack and underfloor box from nik. Im gonna go with the pioneer ts sw2501s2 1200 watt max 300 nominal. So now I just need to figure out what amp to run.

xtant3150

Ready to race!
I have both sub and amp rack. Run the MB sub with a Kicker DX 500W amp. It runs really well and I'm very pleased with the whole setup. And there is no loss of trunk space or even any visibility that I have anything beyond stock...

dcpppf

Ready to race!
Pioneer ts-sw2501 10" sub and JL XD300/1 mono amp.

jmul54

Ready to race!
What u guys think of the pioneer gm-d7500m to power a pioneer ts-sw2501s2?

dcpppf

Ready to race!
What u guys think of the pioneer gm-d7500m to power a pioneer ts-sw2501s2?

Price is very similar to the JL amp I'm using. Only differences I see are is mine is 300W at 2 Ohms (same as sub), and the Pioneer is 400W at 2 Ohms. There's different theories on if you should/want to over power the sub and if so by what percentage. Crutchfield has some good input on the subject and I think 400W would be fine.

My biggest reason for going with the JL was the size. The location I put it in the pic above is pretty damn tight. If you have extra room to play with your only concern should be 300W vs 400W.