GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
I got the title for the GTI the other day.

Definitely gonna do something dumb for my next car, I have very limited expenses otherwise.

Seems like a new GTI will already be a $400/month payment, that I would take on without even thinking hard. R or some kind of legit sports car seems like $700/month minimum, which I can definitely manage but I would need to actually convince myself.

It does seem pretty stupid to spend that much and then still park the car outside. 1st world problems obviously (is that phrase racist?)

cb1111

Once all this craziness with the economy is over, we're looking to pick up a 2013 base Boxster. My wife wants a date car and something to bebop around in. I miss having a P car around. I do remember the last 30k mile service I did on our old Boxster S though. Took me all day and felt like I disassembled half the the car. I'll take a slower 6 cylinder car over the newer 4 cylinder cars, even though they're faster.

Won't pay more than 30k though, and they're 40+k right now.
Back in the early 2000's, Audi still had maintenance included and I had my S6 at the Porsche/Audi dealer for a service. While I was at the service desk, a woman called asking for the price of an oil change on her Boxter. I could hear her sputtering on the other end of the line when she was told that it was $350 - back in 2001/2002. After he hung up, I said WTF? and he responded with the fact that they dropped the engine for that.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Back in the early 2000's, Audi still had maintenance included and I had my S6 at the Porsche/Audi dealer for a service. While I was at the service desk, a woman called asking for the price of an oil change on her Boxter. I could hear her sputtering on the other end of the line when she was told that it was $350 - back in 2001/2002. After he hung up, I said WTF? and he responded with the fact that they dropped the engine for that.

A bit under $600 today. That's pretty cheap to drop the engine tbh.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You don't drop the engine. But to do the full 30k service, you remove the seats, bulkhead and engine cover, rear wheels and wheel liners. Changing the 2 farthest forward plugs is done by braille. Back then, the dealer wanted $4000 for the 30k service.

There's zero reason for Porsche to charge that for oil changes. It does take 10 quarts of oil though.

Another crazy thing, when the AOS died, the stock and GT3 version cost the same. Maybe they were the same, but did have different pn's. I installed the GT3 version, the GT3 brake deflectors, desnorked it, went square with tire size, 255 all the way around, and had a pretty aggressive alignment.

It was a quick little car through the twisties. My wife loved it.

Last edited:

cb1111

You don't drop the engine. But to do the full 30k service, you remove the seats, bulkhead and engine cover, rear wheels and wheel liners. Changing the 2 farthest forward plugs is done by braille. Back then, the dealer wanted $4000 for the 30k service.
I suspect that he did the usual "the customer is stupid" thing and said "drop the engine" because he figured that the customer could understand that and listing a bunch of stuff would just confuse - or, it could be that a tech told him that they had to drop the engine.

That's the same dealer that I ended getting shut down because they were using the wrong oil.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
The guy sits there 24/7 ??
Yes. I have no clue why. I fed him last night* and have offered inside if he needs to sit or pointed to trees for the other. He did run into town last night and this AM but I did have to disappoint when I told him small town closes at 9 and the 24 HR place you have to drive to next town.

*Grilled kielbasa from polish market, homemade slaw, canned beans with grilled veggies in them, corn and strawberry rhubarb crisp

Corprin

Autocross Champion
I asked if he got electrician pay and he said yes along with some type of holiday bonus. You give up wknd but for good money. I would gladly do it

After a decade of it, you couldn’t pay me enough to give up another night or weekend for a job.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Barely over 2000 miles, and already multiple owners. Seems sketchy...
Yea, I've been wanting to at least go check one out and sit in one. I don't think I'll bother the porsche dealer though. lol. I don't imagine those guys want to waste their time on me for something like that.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
KidRock didn't leave me any fireworks....must be because i left any guns in the house in secured containers, like you should? oh well, i have a fireworks store half a mile from my place.

Happy 4th, folks.

trying to find a good place to mount a small extinguisher in the tiguan today. need a better spot than in the foam by the spare.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Yea, I've been wanting to at least go check one out and sit in one. I don't think I'll bother the porsche dealer though. lol. I don't imagine those guys want to waste their time on me for something like that.
I found one on Turo for rent but it was in Groveland

dtfd

Autocross Champion
KidRock didn't leave me any fireworks....must be because i left any guns in the house in secured containers, like you should? oh well, i have a fireworks store half a mile from my place.

Happy 4th, folks.

trying to find a good place to mount a small extinguisher in the tiguan today. need a better spot than in the foam by the spare.
The problem was you left microbrew. You were supposed to have left rolling rock.

Corprin

Autocross Champion

Happy 4th, folks.

How dare you be responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.