GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Don't EVER let your teenage kid borrow your car.

Kei_Loper

Ready to race!
Lmao off at this post... Seriously,
I'm 16, Bought my mk6 GTI dsg with pretty low miles after working for a year and a half, and my insurance is cheap since my provider discounts if you have at least B's in your classes. Funny thing is I'm running stage 2 and about to upgrade to meth, saving for a f23t kit in the meantime. Cheers.
No offense, but yea.....that IS too much for an inexperienced driver. It's not about driving in stop and go traffic, or heading to Walmart on the highway doing 55-65mph (depending on where you live)....it's all about what happens when you get in a situation where things AREN'T normal when shit goes wrong fast.

When you're going faster or in a very powerful car (don't let your inexperienced friends tell you 'it's not really fast at all bro') that everything happens so much quicker, and you simply don't have the experience yet to always/often deal with how to react so things end up like the vids in the thread sadly. These kids didn't go out with the intention obviously of wrecking/dying, they got into a situation where they were not able to process the correct way to do it, and paid for it hard.

Just be careful man, slow down, stay alive, don't let some fool in a loud car with a big mouth make you do something you will regret. ?

You were 13 when the post you quoted was written.

Lmao, this makes me feel mildly old.....cuz I was 33 ?

You were 13 when the post you quoted was written.[/QUOT

Haha yeah, anyways I'm located in So. Cal, if you think a Stage 2 MK6 is too much for a high schooler yet alone a stock MK6 I would advise you come drop by at my high school and check out the E92 M3's, M235i, 2015 Wrx's/STi's, SS's/stang GT's, 335i's and 996 porsche turbos...

Yea lol.....I think that literally sums up my fear of kids these days. There is such an ENORMOUSLY skewed view of what's what now. Point to an older 911 or Ferrari, and they'll say it's sweet and talk about how fun it'd be to drive fast......point to a GTi/GLi with a Stage 2 tune and quiet exhaust that's faster than both those cars, and nah man that's just a slow economy car.....no actual concept of what's what anymore, only what the hive mind SAYS "is".

There are some older heads out there too that do that, but it seems with some years on you (and coming from back when a 295bhp car was proper fucking FAST) gives you some perspective as opposed to magazine, video game, YouTube numbers and specs.

Be safe guys, you don't have any extra quarters...

/oldmanrant

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
what was up with that airbag though? Looks like someone stuffed a grocery bag in there.

At least stopped kid from losing his face on the steering wheel but it wasn't very big and didn't seem to inflate all that fast.

And the other dude who kept sayin 'om my gaawd' sound like a chick, man UP!

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
You were 13 when the post you quoted was written.

Haha yeah, anyways I'm located in So. Cal, if you think a Stage 2 MK6 is too much for a high schooler yet alone a stock MK6 I would advise you come drop by at my high school and check out the E92 M3's, M235i, 2015 Wrx's/STi's, SS's/stang GT's, 335i's and 996 porsche turbos...
yeah sounds like spoiled rich kids. Doesnt change the fact that its too much car for someone who just learned how to drive.

Douchy McDoucherton over here is a prime example of what this thread is all about. Check me out bro I have such a cool car that mommy and daddy paid for. Reminds me of this....

this x1000

damagi123

Go Kart Champion

yes

----------------

Im 31 now. Had 6 $500 beater cars before i got my first nice car and im really thankful for that because I was a fucking idiot teenager. 2 of them i blew the engine up from lack of maintenance and another one i pulled right in front of somebody that was going 45 mph cause i was looking at my GPS.

My friend rob had an engine swapped del sol and raced someone at 17 and flipped it 3 times. So many others i remember crashed their parents BMW's/Corvettes/Whatever. A teenager is incapable of the kind of responsibility and perspective on the world required for a fast car.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
being a former teenager a long time ago, I can confirm this to be 100% truth.

Not even car related when i was 18 or so i thought i was a bad ass and stuff doing whatever i wanted as an "adult" but now i look back and im like wow plus i see kids today doing the same shit i was doing going out and being a douche at the clubs etc.

I promise you will look back at your teenage/young adult years and think how the hell was i so damn stupid.