GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Electric Snowblowers

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
seriously. Asshole comments to get a shovel or gas doesn't help. I don't feel like shelling out 1K. I found a Snowjoe for $200, I get their limitations, I'm trying to get real world feedback.

Well you said you're "lazy" and don't want to do maintenance

Like I already said, the maintenance is SUPER minimal though....easier than a car & not as hard as you're thinking it is.

I bought my gas Toro for $400 or $500 (can't recall exactly) from Home Depot a couple years ago.
Or find a used one

I've never used an electric one, but the gas one will be the better choice (especially for a large amount of snow)

TheCor

Ready to race!
The cord will be a pain. Anything much more than 6" is often too much. My dad had one growing up. I have a two-stage gas snowblower now that I bought used. I run it dry every spring and then change the oil in the fall. Might add some air to the tires, that is all. The maintenance is minimal and they last forever. Storage an issue? A gas snowblower will certainly take up a bit more room, but you get a lot more power with no cord and very little maintenance. The only thing you might save with an electric snow thrower vs a shovel is your back, you probably won't save much time.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
My small single stage gas Toro hangs on the wall. Easy to store. A larger 2 stage will take up more room. An electric needs some room to store too.

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I just purchased an EGO 56v lithium battery powered snowblower from Home Depot.. Bought it after I saw great reviews on it.. I used it to remove 10" of wet heavy snow we just had here.. Worked like a dream.. Google EGO power tools.. Great products.. $599 for 21" model with two 5.0 ah 56 volt lithium batteries and rapid charger..

ben_m

Ready to race!
I just purchased an EGO 56v lithium battery powered snowblower from Home Depot.. Bought it after I saw great reviews on it.. I used it to remove 10" of wet heavy snow we just had here.. Worked like a dream.. Google EGO power tools.. Great products.. $599 for 21" model with two 5.0 ah 56 volt lithium batteries and rapid charger..

Thanks. My coworkers brother in law has that model, i'll def look into it.