GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf Ball Shifter

Victorface

After looking at lots of pictures of GTI interiors, I can only conclude that it is one of the greatest places to be in the world.

Except the shifter. I'm disappointed that it looks nothing like a golf ball. Is it possible to pop it off and replace it with a golf ball shifter? Are there any sites that will sell you a replacement?

zee

Go Kart Champion
I do not recall seeing one for the Mk6 yet, but the Mk5 OEM one solf for about US$150+ on VW drivergear. A Universal Golf ball shifter will probably be about $20 though.

VWsalesguyVA

Ready to race!
the MKV shifter fits the MKVI
http://www.cmgestore.com/vw08/SKUDetailsVW08F1K64285G.Asp

kitcat18

Passed Driver's Ed
After looking at lots of pictures of GTI interiors, I can only conclude that it is one of the greatest places to be in the world.

Except the shifter. I'm disappointed that it looks nothing like a golf ball. Is it possible to pop it off and replace it with a golf ball shifter? Are there any sites that will sell you a replacement?

If they could put the GT Cloth in the GTi /GTD I would have gone for it Tartan:thumbdown:

cbope

You do realize that the name Golf has nothing to do with the sport of Golf. Golf in German means Gulf in English and the car is named after the Gulf Stream or Gulf for short...

carbon

Ready to race!
for people looking for the golf ball knob
I just came across it at ecstuning
they are doing a 89% off promotion on it

MkVi_Ian

Ready to race!
i want one that has red trim to match the interior theme

scbastv

Ready to race!
i dont see whats wrong with the stock shifter on the gti...looks fine and it matches the interior:iono:

FFAC

Ready to race!
Check out tmtuning.com, they've got a whole bunch of cool stuff, including the golf ball shifter in a couple different variations.

Legohed

Ready to race!
for people looking for the golf ball knob
I just came across it at ecstuning
they are doing a 89% off promotion on it

:eek::eek: That's a bloody steal! Will this be easy to swap? I mean, I have no knowledge and learnt everything off here - it's one thing changing bulbs and another messing with an integral part of the car! :yikes: :D