GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Guess what my doctor drives!!!

OverTimer1

Go Kart Champion
My boss drives a Chevy my doctor drives a kia my aunt who makes what I make in a year in a week drives a 99 saab. When I see a clean mk4 driving down the road I say hmm I could live with that everyday.... Long story short who wants to buy my car.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I would prefer a manual 911, pdk would be fine as well, but automatic, meh. See lots of nice used cars that I could buy with cash right now, just don't have room for them or the time right now to enjoy a second car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
While not GTI cheap obviously....nice example 997.1's with not that many miles can be had for around $45k and CPO C2's for around $50k. Also before I bought my e92 M3 I was cross shopping them and was able to negotiate a good amout of those sticker prices but for the money I found the M3 to be the better car. Besides I don't think I could live with the entry level 911. 996's are real cheap you can find 996 TT for a little more and C2S and C4S way cheaper. I would guess that 996 prices will be coming down a lot more as more 991 variants are released but I really can't stand the 996 headlights and the interiors kinda suck to. If 996 TT's break into the 30's within the next 2 years it will be hard to pass up.

Ah, OK - I didn't know $45-$50K was considered "cheap" ;)

In 2007, I bought my 2001 Carerra 4 for about $42K with less than 30K miles, iirc. 996 prices have come down big time, and yes, esp on the turbos, but maintenance and reliability on turbo will definitely be in question.. a friend of mine just bought a 2006 996 CS and loves it, and basically passed up a 996 TT because of possible reliability concerns.

SayaGTI

www.meatspin.com
the calipers appear to be OEM colored yellow, could be the ceramic brake option for all we know..

but yeah, some jelly ass muthafuckas up in this piece.

The PCCB system has larger rotors in the rear than that car has.

It's a nice car, but there's no pickle wiggle happening because its nothing special, per se.

FLtrooper

Go Kart Champion
No handicap plate or tag hanging on rear view mirror....

The car looks ok but does not justify illegal parking. What a scumbag if she is scamming!

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
^ Oh shit, he's FL cop too...

So maybe I'm weird but Porsches just don't blow my skirt up.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
Ah, OK - I didn't know $45-$50K was considered "cheap" ;)

In 2007, I bought my 2001 Carerra 4 for about $42K with less than 30K miles, iirc. 996 prices have come down big time, and yes, esp on the turbos, but maintenance and reliability on turbo will definitely be in question.. a friend of mine just bought a 2006 996 CS and loves it, and basically passed up a 996 TT because of possible reliability concerns.

I remembered a few years back seeing a 996 TT for less than $40,000 from a local Porsche dealership

It essentially shares the same engine found in the GT3 except with twin turbo's. Since it's based on the GT3's motor, it is essentially the same motor found in Porsche's motorsport racing cars. It also has a factory dry sump oil system as well since it is the same motor in the motorsport racing cars. It's a pretty reliable motor and actually more durable than the regular carrera motors from that era.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
actually... just did a cars.com search and found several 996 911 turbo's ranging from $30,000 to $39,000

that's ALOT of car for Golf R20 money!!!