GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help needed with faulty MK6 ABS module

DaysUnderMyGolf

Hi all,

I had an account here a few years ago but lost access, hence this new one.

I’m in need of some wisdom for my 2013 golf mk6 2.5. I recently got the dreaded P01130 “ABS module implausible signal”. On the dash I have the ABS, ESP, and PARK lights lit up continuously. Driving the car confirms ABS and traction control do not work at any time.

I am fairly confident this is the common fried ABS module and have read up a lot about this issue and how some people have managed to resolve it. There is no way I am able to buy the $1000 new module or $2200 module/pump combo at this time. Some people have managed to buy a used pump/module combo, re-coded it, and made it work. All of this info is based on the ‘09 GTI though, and I haven’t been able to find someone doing this on my model yet. This is where I run into some uncertainty and hope you guys can help.

From what I gathered, I need to pull the coding from my current ABS module BEFORE taking it off and replacing it, in order to use that same code in the replacement part. I was reading that this is only possible if you have this problem intermittently, not permanently, since it won’t be possible to communicate with the pump if the problem is there constantly. Is this true?

I currently do not have VCDS and would have to buy it to do this repair, so there’s no way for me to check if I can see the code at this point.

If it is true that the code cannot be seen in my case, and if so, how difficult will it be to obtain a new code for the replacement module?

I'm also having trouble finding anything about compatible pump models for the 2013. Everything I’ve found is about the ‘09 or other models altogether. Does anyone here know which part number(s) I should be looking for? I know hill-hold and other such options play a role here. The pump that's on the car now is 1K0 614 547 DT for which I have not found an exact match replacement.

Which other variations of that pump can I use?

I appreciate any help I can get.