GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm bored throw some ideas at me..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I'll email you the Carfax in just a few minutes, I am a broker, my cars are all in storage they're not in an open lot so in order for you to see it it's going to be done with an appointment please let me know it's best if we talk on the phone before we take the next step thank you I gave the phone number on the last email

Amir

Can someone tell me what the fuck a car broker is... I know some ppl use em... but this is gay.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Mileage: Source: Comments:
2/4/06
7 mi.
Carlsen Porsche
Redwood City, CA
650-701-9200
Vehicle sold
2/4/06
13 mi.
California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Irvine, CA Title issued or updated
First owner reported
Titled or registered as
personal vehicle
3/1/10
17,859 mi.
Bill Pearce Motors
Reno, NV
775-826-2100
Four tires mounted and balanced
Four wheel alignment performed
Brake fluid flushed/changed
Spark plug(s) replaced
2/1/12
23,065 mi.
California
Inspection Station
San Francisco, CA Passed emissions inspection
11/6/12
California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
Irvine, CA Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
12/31/13
California
Motor Vehicle Dept.
San Francisco, CA Registration updated when owner moved
the vehicle to a new location
1/15/14
28,062 mi.
California
Inspection Station
San Francisco, CA

Hmmm this is fairly clear, only thing that somewhat bugs me is the Reno part... that's a bit odd.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
It was a trade in so don't have any on-hand I can easily get them for a buyer. I'm sending it to my Porsche shop for a oil service tomorrow. Thank you for your interest

Amir

Thanks for the report. Is there any maintenance paperwork with the car? or was any kind of inspection recently completed?

I'd prefer to deal over email at the moment, still at work.

Thanks,
Max

Hmm not sure what to make of it...
Not good or bad...

BP11

Banned
Sounds sketchy. Intstead, I think you should take your money and turn your TurDI into a coal-rolling version of plac's GTIguan. Full exhaust, tune, big turbo, and tig sprangz.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
But what the hell is a car broker? Fancy name for a dealer?

Wouldn't that be like a guy who sells on consignment? Meaning title is not in his name?

Sure it sounds sketchy but the price is baller. If the car checks out, hasn't been wrecked, mechanic oks, and......ISN'T STOLEN.....hey, 0FG.

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
That's what I thought, but he said that the car was a trade. From who and for what? Wouldn't a broker selling on consignment not have a traded car? Sure, if everything checks out, go for it. Just some strange things to be cautious of.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
That's what I thought, but he said that the car was a trade. From who and for what? Wouldn't a broker selling on consignment not have a traded car? Sure, if everything checks out, go for it. Just some strange things to be cautious of.

Agreed 100%

On a flipside my stepmom turned in her lexus SC430 to a "broker" who then sold it about a month later... she then used "him" to buy her new Q5. He is listed as a car "broker" and not a dealer.

I mean I am ok with the process the price just seems cheap... and the name "amir" ...

Teddy Redskinz

Ready to race!
They probably act as a broker for some wholesaler who buys/sells at auctions and flip. They are the low end of the retail car buying experience.

Max,
Just troll porsche buy/sell forums til you find the right one.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
They probably act as a broker for some wholesaler who buys/sells at auction and flips. They are the low end of the retail car buying experience.

Max,
Just troll porsche buy/sell forums til you find the right one.

I do... normally they sell for more than 30k if under 50k miles... this one is just a pretty hard to find color/option/mile/price combo...

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Agreed 100%

On a flipside my stepmom turned in her lexus SC430 to a "broker" who then sold it about a month later... she then used "him" to buy her new Q5. He is listed as a car "broker" and not a dealer.

I mean I am ok with the process the price just seems cheap... and the name "amir" ...
Worth checking out at least. Amir is a common name out there, no? Why let that bother you?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Worth checking out at least. Amir is a common name out there, no? Why let that bother you?

No, and I don't want to get too much into stereotypes. :laugh: