GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

I'm bored throw some ideas at me..

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Here's what I had heard before about the IMS being in a better situation IF actually driven more/hard/tracked, etc :

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2040409&postcount=7717

I think you had laughed about it, but I did recall hearing the same^

Yep... Read that part too. I mean it is the same story as the carbon build up... does "driving it hard" really prevent it? No one can truly tell except for exception cases here and there. That either point to one theory or another.

Fact is it is a very valid concern and it due to Porsche brand tax it will be incredibly expensive to fix. I can't make up my mind to be honest if the risk is worth taking.

And right now I am getting ready for a 3 week long trip to Japan and Thailand (insert tranny jokes here).

Once I get back and get a better read on the job sitch car will be the next thing on the to do. I am not in a rush... damn this turdiegg! Stuck with it.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Killer deal. I think GS cars should be in the low 30s... that latest jump to 40k was insane... This car is coming close to becoming affordable.

Yep I think that guy would take a suitcase full of 35 grand and that would be just about right. Private parties are starting to be realistic on the GS it seems, in part because many of them are moving to the C7 and thus view their C6 as "dated".....I can get behind 40K for a mint, loaded example with perfect colors etc....but 45K? Your depreciation hit is right around the corner.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Chevy was selling them for 46k new... Getting 40k used for a 4 year old car is nuts. Dat C7 halo effect.

The C7 will drop in the high 40s low 50s next year and the C6 will sit in the low 30s and high 20s where it belongs.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
G8 GXP 6MT's went for as low as $34k new too, those are once in a lifetime deals.

You can buy a new chevy SS for like 40k.... a better car in every possible way.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
slushbox only for now

If 2015 6MT's end up that cheap you will be right, but still $40k vs $34k is a big difference.

7 years of inflation though... and lots of added features... its not unreasonable.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
Not unreasonable, but most wages haven't changed in that time so it's still less affordable.

I am way more interested in a $34k car than a $40k car and so are you - look at how shy you get about spending that much on an S4/porsche/vette/whatever.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Not unreasonable, but most wages haven't changed in that time so it's still less affordable.

I am way more interested in a $34k car than a $40k car and so are you - look at how shy you get about spending that much on an S4/porsche/vette/whatever.

To be honest... my main reservation is tax.... 10% of that money is gone. I can get a nice deal on most cars... but I likely won't own it for more than 2 years... and that'll be 4k out the window for tax alone it makes that used purchase so shitty :(

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
To be honest... my main reservation is tax.... 10% of that money is gone. I can get a nice deal on most cars... but I likely won't own it for more than 2 years... and that'll be 4k out the window for tax alone it makes that used purchase so shitty :(

#Egg4lyfe

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
kommieland ftl :lol:

That tax hit is insane. How hard is it to buy/register the car somewhere else?

Not "that" hard but you get busted for out of state plates eventually. The easiest way around this would be to buy a used car that is somewhat older PP and lower the Sales price...

The other option is to lease... since you only pay the sales tax on the depreciated portion of the car which is only around 1/3 of what would spend on a new one.