GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Intake question

aspirollari

Ready to race!
So i bought an evoMS intake off my buddy with a 2012 gti (ccta) and put it on my 2013 gti (cbfa). On his car it sounded really good, sounded like a quieter version of a subi/supra blowoff. He's stock aside from a megan racing catback. When i put it on mine, just makes a plain hiss sound. What could be causing that difference?

NorthVan1

Ready to race!
Did you get the breather filter?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
There's a lot of reasons why it may not make the same sound. You could still have your soundaktor installed, you might have the cover under the hood still, you're not building enough boost when you shift, different diverter valve maybe, ect.

aspirollari

Ready to race!
There's a lot of reasons why it may not make the same sound. You could still have your soundaktor installed, you might have the cover under the hood still, you're not building enough boost when you shift, different diverter valve maybe, ect.

for the record my car is completely stock. I drove his and pressed the accerlerator firmly in 5th gear going like 50mph and let of before it built boost to hear the intake. i did the same with mine and just not the same note. and as far as the soundaktor you mention ive never heard of that. WIll removing it give me a better tone?

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
for the record my car is completely stock. I drove his and pressed the accerlerator firmly in 5th gear going like 50mph and let of before it built boost to hear the intake. i did the same with mine and just not the same note. and as far as the soundaktor you mention ive never heard of that. WIll removing it give me a better tone?

Yes removing or unplugging the soundaktor will allow you to hear the actual spool and intake noises

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
yea just saw that video. I just spoke to the friend i bought it off and he told me his soundaktor is disconnected. So ill be doing that when i get a chance. Hopefully that does the trick along with adding the other little filter.

It should do the trick [emoji1417] and you could take off the cover underneath the hood as well

aspirollari

Ready to race!
It should do the trick [emoji1417] and you could take off the cover underneath the hood as well

Can that really make a difference tho? Im under the impression that it would do more harm then good. Cuz its there to keep crap from getting all over the engine.

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Can that really make a difference tho? Im under the impression that it would do more harm then good. Cuz its there to keep crap from getting all over the engine.

Once you take it off you'll see why it deadens a lot of sound. I been having it off for 10k miles and no issues. Many others have done the same. Up to you really