GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Introducing ECS Street Shield Aluminum Skid Plate - VW MKVI !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion

Click HERE to order or for more information.

VW MKVI GTI ECS Street Shield Aluminum Skid Plate - Only $219.95!

The belly pans provided for modern Volkswagens have always appeared to be
under-engineered, out of place, cost-cutting parts.

Many enthusiasts have chosen to run their cars without this protective
cover entirely. This decision, however, ignores the unfortunate reality
that the belly pan protects several critical engine and drivetrain
components.

ECS has in-house designed and engineered a much more sensible solution –
The Street Shield Skid Plate features corrosion resistant, air-ventilated,
3/16” thick 5052 aluminum, with black zinc-coated steel hardware, offering
complete engine undercarriage protection.

Last edited:

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Nice! What's the weight on it?

steemax

Go Kart Champion
Oh this is nice, may have to pick one up!

rpc07

Ready to race!
Yeah... I dont get why none of the skid plate manufacturers include a hole to unscrew the drain plug through...:iono:

Me either, it's not a huge deal to pull it off it's only a few screws but it just adds another step to an otherwise simple oil change.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
We looked into adding a drain hole or some other sort of access panel in the plate, but after measuring the size of the fluid stream during an oil change on our Mk6 we determined that the size of the hole would weaken the plate and reduce its overall effectiveness.

The trade off for added protection will be taking out a few bolts when doing an oil change service.

Andy

Last edited:

rupertpupkin

Ready to race!
Is there an issue running this on an R? I know when people discussed the skid plate options and used the R32 belly pan it had extra venting for the Trans and some other spots.

ECS Tuning

Go Kart Champion
Is there an issue running this on an R? I know when people discussed the skid plate options and used the R32 belly pan it had extra venting for the Trans and some other spots.

Listed for all Golf MKVI models.

Rear ventilation should happen through the openings on either side of the subframe, you’ll see that our skid plate tapers in toward the subframe mounting flange where the R32 belly pan covers the same area. These openings are much larger than the rear vent on the R32 belly pan, and should offer much better air flow. Where some competitors options may lack any ventilation at all!

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.