GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JT64's Car Journey

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
VF also uses a Vortech unit (click on link in post #51) As for Active Auto Werke I probably wouldn't go with them as I'm not sure about the effectiveness & of there air to air IC.

yes as does Gintani. ESS has the most kits on customers car by far they are tried and true software is dead on it's the only way I would go for supercharger on that car. Gintani 2nd.

JT641

Banned
yes as does Gintani. ESS has the most kits on customers car by far they are tried and true software is dead on it's the only way I would go for supercharger on that car. Gintani 2nd.

Didn't think about the need for any DCT software upgrade, Looks like I might go with ESS instead.

JT641

Banned
Test drove a couple 911's today one a CS 997 & One the new 991 C43 both were used, Very tempting to go with one of them & skip the 4 door sedan :D Unfortunately I'll have to wait a year.

JT641

Banned
Update Op

I'm kind of taking my time That & being very busy with work lately so I don't have much time to spend looking at the Pros & Cons of my choices (would appreciate it if anyone wants to throw me some hard Data on my choices, But none of this he said stuff), Also I'm reconsidering the E63 AMG. So I think I'll just wait & gather info & make a decision when the time comes Which will be soon.

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Update;

Recently looked at & considered the CTS-V, Dodge Charger, Lexus IS350 F Sport, Porsche Panamera, & Audi A3 Sedan.

1 CTS-V "Eliminated"; Don't like the styling/Looks

2 Dodge Charger "Eliminated"; Don't like the manual shift function of the shifter (left or right to up shift or down shift) Nav screen looks out dated!!

3 Lexus IS350 F Sport "Eliminated"; Not enough POWER!!

4 Audi A3 Sedan "Eliminated"; Rear Seat Head Room For Adults is Non-Existent!!!

5 Porsche Panamera "Still Considering"; Not sure about the egress & ingress of it for my dad.

6 BMW E90 M3 "Re-Considering this one" So we'll so how things pan out for it?

7 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG with the AMG Performance Package, This one is my favorite by a slim margin So Far, But not sure if it will be the ideal DD for me

8 Audi B8 S4 Right behind the Mercedes only slightly lacking in power & the seats compared to the Benz.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Update;

Recently looked at & considered the CTS-V, Dodge Charger, Lexus IS350 F Sport, Porsche Panamera, & Audi A3 Sedan.

1 CTS-V "Eliminated"; Don't like the styling/Looks

2 Dodge Charger "Eliminated"; Don't like the manual shift function of the shifter (left or right to up shift or down shift) Nav screen looks out dated!!

3 Lexus IS350 F Sport "Eliminated"; Not enough POWER!!

4 Audi A3 Sedan "Eliminated"; Rear Seat Head Room For Adults is Non-Existent!!!

5 Porsche Panamera "Still Considering"; Not sure about the egress & ingress of it for my dad.

6 BMW E90 M3 "Re-Considering this one" So we'll so how things pan out for it?

7 Mercedes Benz E63 AMG with the AMG Performance Package, This one is my favorite by a slim margin So Far, But not sure if it will be the ideal DD for me

8 Audi B8 S4 Right behind the Mercedes only slightly lacking in power & the seats compared to the Benz.

Get the s4 and call it a day

Brinkmen

VW NUT!

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Personally I think you'll get a E63 if you can afford it. Sounds like you want the space and luxury along with the extra powaaaaaa. But I'd say the true toss up is between the M3 and S4. RWD vs FWD. But obviously you're in no hurry and are doing your research properly.

The only problem I see for you with the E63 is MPG with that V8. It's more in M5 territory. Do you want the power of a V8 vs the V6s? If so the the fuel economy is going to suffer. But let's face it, it's not like you're looking at high MPG ecoboxes. Lol.

I did drive a 08 535 6spd at one point. It was quite fast and fun just remember BMW puts that same engine in 3 other cars that are smaller and weigh less. And the new 550s are TT V8s? Interesting...

Last edited:

JT641

Banned
Yeah I'm definitely taking my time researching (looking at video reviews & doing test drives) looking at all possibilities.

I'm not to concerned with MPG But at the same time it's not like I don't care about it either. I like the power of the V8's especially the Benz but one thing I'm not sure about with It, Is not having the ability to turn the stability & traction control off fully where it would interfere with my spirited driving (saw this demonstrated on Fifth Gear between 2 SUV's one a Mercedes Benz ML63 AMG the other the Porsche Cayenne Turbo).

Like sized vehicles don't drive & or handle the same, A good example is the E63 AMG vs the S6 TT V8, The E63 feels more like an S4 when driving it It's only when you're parking that you feel it's size, But even then it doesn't feel as bad as the S6. Well see what happens??;)

JT641

Banned
Eliminated;
BMW 550i & 535i Seats Suck just as bad as the 3 Series & this is with the So Called Sport Seats!!

I'll be checking out the Porsche Panamera next.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I would get the E63 amg. Very comfortable and ludicrously fast. Not as sharp as an M3 or even M5 but great cruisers which it seems you're looking for. I've driven e55s a generation ago and they are monsters, I can't even imagine the e63. FWIW I ended up in a 135i with DCT. Its fun but I am selling it. The dealers are atrocious and I've had reliability issues.

JT641

Banned
I would get the E63 amg. Very comfortable and ludicrously fast. Not as sharp as an M3 or even M5 but great cruisers which it seems you're looking for. I've driven e55s a generation ago and they are monsters, I can't even imagine the e63. FWIW I ended up in a 135i with DCT. Its fun but I am selling it. The dealers are atrocious and I've had reliability issues.

Sucks about your car, Seems to be hit or miss with a lot of cars, Some people here have had horrible luck with the GTI & there dealer. I've had great service when ever I've had an issue with my GTI.

I'm not necessarily looking for a cruiser, I like the 2010 & 2011 E63's steering response better than the M3 & it also makes much tighter U-turns than the M3. But I like the 7spd DCT trans in the BMW better, But both the Benz & the BMW M3 have great Seats.