GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Merkle's Truck Talk & other Musings.

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
new avatar=nailed it

PetrolHead

When's the next track day
Spray it down with water, then some simple green and scrub the big stuff with a wheel brush and the small areas with a parts brush. Pretty simple, do that a couple of times for a dirty bay and it cleans off most of the dirt. Remove engine covers and wash them separately.

Dry off with a leaf blower, dirt collects in little puddles of water, all the plastic ribs and small things, they make it look dirty again.

I use Armor All to make all the hoses and plastics black again. This takes the most time, but the results are well worth it.

I'm on my phone, but Chemical Guys has a great video on engine bay cleaning, they use fancy stuff, but they demonstrate on an E46 M3, fanciness. The techniques are the same, fuck the expensive chemicals for a regular vehicle

:clap:

When I clean engine bays I just spray it down with a bunch of simple green then spray it off with the hose. Gets it 80% clean in 15 minutes. Anything beyond that isn't worth the work to me.

So.....when is the V8 swap gonna happen?

Dat.

Gotta prioritize...

First comes trading in the Miata for a C5. Then and only then is it Doge motor swap time.

Merkle

Banned
I haven't bought it yet, glad I didn't other people are swearing by the Amsoil syncromesh fluid. It's even more expensive and isn't on Amazon, so no prime shipping.
I may just use the Pennzoil stuff, it's cheap and readily available.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I mainly use mobil products at this point, but amsoil is basically always good. My Z06 has all mobil fluids, the vibe is getting left over Motul gear oil since that is what I used in my S4 and it worked well.

I've heard mixed things about redline and royal purple. Either one or both of them just buy other people's stuff and then mix it up and their oils can be different from batch to batch, supposedly.

Merkle

Banned
Friend of mine bought a used BRZ, he wanted another friend to help him inspect it, when friend A wasn't available I offered, but he declined because I "wasn't anal enough" :lol:

golftdibrad

Go Kart Champion
Friend of mine bought a used BRZ, he wanted another friend to help him inspect it, when friend A wasn't available I offered, but he declined because I "wasn't anal enough" :lol:
they chose poorly

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

Guess he doesn't know what being a mod on golfmk6 means

Merkle

Banned
Junkyard tomorrow morning, weather should be clear, cold but clear, hope I find a decent compressor clutch. Got a text from the lady, the exhaust is in.