GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Also I'm looking for a new riding pack.

I ride with an Osprey pack. Its probably a bit overrated, but I do like that its so adjustable. Mine is a Raptor, which is pretty small. But their Manta line has all sorts of sizes and stuff. All built for biking too so its going to fit correctly.

If you're trying to carry a hoody you're probably better off looking for hiking packs though.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Good choice, honestly the SLX brakes are the budget friendly bang for your buck on the market. Shimano hydraulic disc are the stand right now, I'm a Sram fan but it's pathetic how the current Avid offerings stack up to Shimano right now. Trimming the lines isn't bad as long you get them bled correctly.

Yea man. They even look baller. My Avid Juicy brakes are complete garbage, I'm sure just about anything would be an upgrade. It was either these or Hope Tech's and the Hopes were a whole lot more money. I was reading reviews.... mechanically the SLX brakes are 90% of XT, just missing caliper pre-position screw or some shit. And the XTs are only like 20g/caliper lighter.

$60 for 40 gram savings?

Anyways. The hoses look like they aren't too hard to do. I could trim the hose and then just get a bleed kit to finish the job.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I replaced the Avid Juicy Ultimates on my Superfly when I had it with Hope Tech X2's. Nothing I've ever ridden has been as quiet, constant, and trouble free as those Hopes were. The modulation and feel with the SS braided lines was second to none and with reach and bite adjustment they were perfect. Not the most powerful brakes I've ever used but the feel made them the most confidence inspiring brakes I've come across. I regret selling that piece of shit Superfly with them on it. I like my current Maguras but those were way better.

On a brighter note I uploaded my wife's GPS to Garmin COnnect, it has a ride on it that my gps freaked out uploading and deleted so I added a manual activity to mine with the ride data. 25 miles with 3000+ feet. So my total is a bit over 95,000 for the year

forwardlean

Go Kart Champion
Nice. How's that fork? I avoided the rock shox for my purchase in favour of the fox ctd fork. Only based on reviews though....and the kashima coat.

I'm going to have an office day on the trails tomorrow. Bringing the gopro since I bailed good last time and wanted to get a video ha!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Depends on what you want to use it for. The Reba is a good fork but honestly the new Rockshox Pike is head and shoulders above any other Trail fork. Seriously, the bar has been raised, its a game changer that puts the current offerings from Fox to shame (and I'm a Fox fan).

XLT_GTI

Ready to race!
Wow that Devinci looks gorgeous! I have always been a Marzocchi guy myself, I actually called them last week and they gave me a fantastic deal on a new fork. Traded in a 2004 Marzocchi EXR and got 35% off a brand new Dirtjump 1 plus they gave me a clearance price so I'm only paying $230 for the fork!!

Has anyone else ever traded in a fork before? I had no idea that it was even an option.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
25.52 miles with 3,163 feet of climbing at Buffalo Creek (IMBA EPIC ride). I have pics and GoPro vids I have to go through and I'll post some stuff up.

I'm up to 98,350 feet!

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Just me and my wife on cold fall morning on top of a mountain with a couple bikes and no phone reception - what more could you ask for?!

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
*Starts looking for jobs in Colorado*

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
Today's ride was Centennial Cone... holy fucking busy! I was warned by a buddy of mine if I'm going to ride there go early, bring a bell, and ring it constantly (lots of people and lots of blind corners). The place is so popular they came up with an agreement that on weekends bikes are only allowed on even dates, hikers get it odd days. It's a pretty easy ride, mostly smooth, very scenic, a loop is 13.5 miles with 2,300 feet of elevation gain.

We got there early to beat the crowd

On that note... it's been 11 months and 5 days since to moving to Colorado and I cracked the 100,000 foot mark today. Lets see if there's still time to hit 2,000 miles within the year, a day on a tri bike can get it no problem, doing it dirt may be dificult, mileage on a mountain doesn't come easy.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I have a long video from Saturday's ride at Buffalo Creek. The last 6 miles down Charlie's Cutoff to Homestead to Sandy Wash is almost all downhill back to the trail head. It's super fun fast flowy singletrack with just enough pea sized loose rocks to make the corners interesting. I'm gonna redo the vid on a cloudy day so it's no so washed out by the sun and I need a different attachment piece on the chesty mount so i can aim it a little bit higher.