GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I didn't wear a helmet as a kid and did just fine too. I've also cracked my helmet during a ~20 foot fall while at the watershed near frederick md. After posting that I was trying to think what mountains you guys have out there, so you're probably right, my bad. It's hard to tell what will happen though, as I've wrecked on flat ground before after hitting a deer, and knowing how to fall won't help you in unknown situations.

There's no good reason not to ride without a helmet, just like there's no good reason not to wear a seatbelt.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
I didn't wear a helmet as a kid and did just fine too. I've also cracked my helmet during a ~20 foot fall while at the watershed near frederick md. After posting that I was trying to think what mountains you guys have out there, so you're probably right, my bad. It's hard to tell what will happen though, as I've wrecked on flat ground before after hitting a deer, and knowing how to fall won't help you in unknown situations.

Ohh.. dang. A freaking deer?!?!?, that's nuts! :D Once the muscle memory is there, it will always benefit. But yea, you just never know.

There's no good reason not to ride without a helmet, just like there's no good reason not to wear a seatbelt.

Yep.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
After like 20 minutes I don't even feel my helmet anymore, it's a Bell skateboard model.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I never ride without a lid anymore. Had a close call in college where my front wheel got caught in a trolley track. Flew over the bars and landed on my hand and jaw. Broke my jaw in two spots and my hands still hurt from time to time. If I had landed on my head I would have probably died. Wasn't wearing a helmet. Never again.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I did a 10 mile ride today. 1,500 feet of climbing. Not too bad. Some places the trail got real thin. Sketchy for sure.

I need a new bike though. This one is just a heavy bitch. Terrible on the hills.

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
Anyone use One Industries shorts? There's a sale on Pricepoint.

I use the One Industries downhill shorts Here.

They are super durable and comfortable for riding downhill. Other than a severe lack of pockets on this model, they are great.

If you are just riding XC, I would get any of the ones you linked. They all come with a liner which is pretty nice.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
After like 20 minutes I don't even feel my helmet anymore, it's a Bell skateboard model.

I was surprised how quickly i forgot about it.

I never ride without a lid anymore. Had a close call in college where my front wheel got caught in a trolley track. Flew over the bars and landed on my hand and jaw. Broke my jaw in two spots and my hands still hurt from time to time. If I had landed on my head I would have probably died. Wasn't wearing a helmet. Never again.

Ouch... thats awful. I thought peeps only busted their jaws in fights, g.. damn!

dmarsh15

Ready to race!
I raced at Windham Mountain this past weekend for the World Cup Test your Glory race on the World Cup course that will be used in 2 weeks!

It was down pouring for most of the morning before the race which made conditions very greasy. Its crazy to think that the pro riders are a minute and a half faster than this pace! I was trying to keep it smooth and on the course, but the rock garden tossed me and bent my rear rotor pretty bad (you can hear it squealing all the rest of the way). It also stopped my back brake from working and only had the front for the rest of the run.

Heres my run, make sure you watch it in HD!

Here's some pictures of one of the bigger jumps there. (My rotor was dragging pretty bad which is why I didnt hit it).

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I use the One Industries downhill shorts Here.

They are super durable and comfortable for riding downhill. Other than a severe lack of pockets on this model, they are great.

If you are just riding XC, I would get any of the ones you linked. They all come with a liner which is pretty nice.

I ordered the Ions, I have a Camelbak with plenty of pockets.

andylaiphoto

Go Kart Champion
Looks fun.

I raced at Windham Mountain this past weekend for the World Cup Test your Glory race on the World Cup course that will be used in 2 weeks!

It was down pouring for most of the morning before the race which made conditions very greasy. Its crazy to think that the pro riders are a minute and a half faster than this pace! I was trying to keep it smooth and on the course, but the rock garden tossed me and bent my rear rotor pretty bad (you can hear it squealing all the rest of the way). It also stopped my back brake from working and only had the front for the rest of the run.

Heres my run, make sure you watch it in HD!

Here's some pictures of one of the bigger jumps there. (My rotor was dragging pretty bad which is why I didnt hit it).

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Getting my Stumpy FSR Comp 29er serviced right now. New cables and housings, tune up, command post is likely getting rebuilt after only 6 months, and wheels trued.

Its like losing a bit of you when its in the shop.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I'd love an FSR Stumpjumper.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I need to get more into MTB.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
So do I given that I just bought a $300 seat post like an idiot.