GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NEEK's Cobra/Truck IDGAF total BS thread.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Still trying to figure out what the odd groan sound when letting off throttle (either in gear or standing still) is. No clicking or rattling. Just a groan or very loud hum. Heard mostly in car, my guess is coming from right back of engine. So bizarre. Intermittent as well, but more often than not.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
NEEK is a DEEK.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
Still trying to figure out what the odd groan sound when letting off throttle (either in gear or standing still) is. No clicking or rattling. Just a groan or very loud hum. Heard mostly in car, my guess is coming from right back of engine. So bizarre. Intermittent as well, but more often than not.

Shot in the dark....but check vac lines and fittings for leakage. If the 4.6 is like the other Ford engines I have worked on, it will have a vac tree and tons of fittings. Those fittings get brittle over time and don't seal all the time...thus the intermittent nature of the sound(s).

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Shot in the dark....but check vac lines and fittings for leakage. If the 4.6 is like the other Ford engines I have worked on, it will have a vac tree and tons of fittings. Those fittings get brittle over time and don't seal all the time...thus the intermittent nature of the sound(s).

Excellent thought. I never even considered those, but would make sense given when the noise happens - let off throttle or decelerating by engine braking. Sounds so simple.... I was thinking more complex.

BRB, heading to garage....

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. So far as I can see and feel, none of the vac lines are brittle or anything. However, where I T'd into a vac line for the boost gauge there is one line that feels softer/looser than the others. I shall take a trip to the local AutoZone so I can get in the zone and buy a couple tiny hose clamps and see if that takes care of the problem.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Quick little 0-almost 100 vid. Hit 60 in less than 5 despite short-shifting and not flooring it. Dat traction, doe.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Quick little 0-almost 100 vid. Hit 60 in less than 5 despite short-shifting and not flooring it. Dat traction, doe.

:drool: This video gave me an American car epiphany...

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

What's the exhaust setup?

Doesn't seem too loud (in the video anyways)

Still. . .

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
it would give my stage 2 GTI a decent run.. would be close.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Interesting. So far as I can see and feel, none of the vac lines are brittle or anything. However, where I T'd into a vac line for the boost gauge there is one line that feels softer/looser than the others. I shall take a trip to the local AutoZone so I can get in the zone and buy a couple tiny hose clamps and see if that takes care of the problem.

Do you remember hearing it before the boost gauge installation?

:drool: This video gave me an American car epiphany...

America has produced some pretty great cars over the years, and in this decade, I'd say the best overall.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Do you remember hearing it before the boost gauge installation?

America has produced some pretty great cars over the years, and in this decade, I'd say the best overall.

This decade as in 2010-present? If so, agreed. They totally reconstructed Buick for the better, the ATS is a true 3-series ass-kicker, the C7 is incredible, etc...