GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Off-Topic Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Vortex sucks. Search function is useless. Evertime I'm searching for something important.....can't find that shit even though I know its out there. I don't ever post my stuff on vortex. I just exploit its information.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Good shit George. You reminded me to buy a thermostat housing. Would have forgot all about that, and been pissed about it in about 3 days.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
I love Rock Auto. $9 shipped for a themrostat housing. Perfect. Its not for VW's, but some how they can get their hands on a lot of VW parts. I got my empi axles for the mk2 through there....had the lowest price too.

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
Just a thought....but you ever thought about getting just a Vu-4 manifold and run your AVS box? Then later you could just decide elevel or switchspeed and upgrade......VU-4 manifold comes with the harness thats labeled for a switchbox not just the switchspeed/e-level.

But also...isn't analog just about as expensive as swtichspeed. It was last time I priced it out.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
Just a thought....but you ever thought about getting just a Vu-4 manifold and run your AVS box? Then later you could just decide elevel or switchspeed and upgrade......VU-4 manifold comes with the harness thats labeled for a switchbox not just the switchspeed/e-level.

But also...isn't analog just about as expensive as swtichspeed. It was last time I priced it out.

nah switchspeed is a couple hundred more expensive. i didn't really see enough benefits to justify the price shift.

i think the analog pack will do just fine. i haven't heard anything bad about it. i'll run 3/8" line and if i decide to upgrade later it shouldn't be harder than switching the manifold + controller (unless i go with E-Level which seems to be a nightmare to set up)

RSMark5

Go Kart Champion
nah switchspeed is a couple hundred more expensive. i didn't really see enough benefits to justify the price shift.

i think the analog pack will do just fine. i haven't heard anything bad about it. i'll run 3/8" line and if i decide to upgrade later it shouldn't be harder than switching the manifold + controller (unless i go with E-Level which seems to be a nightmare to set up)

The benifits aren't really in the actual use other than being able to adjust pressure switchs (between a 150, 175 and 200psi shutoff) play with bags in pairs, and the ability to switchspeeds REALLY is nice when you ride low.

The benifits between them are in the install. I swear by manifolds over a valve string just because of the possibilities for leaks. Secondly, wiring up a valve string kinda sucks. Lots of wires. If youre planning on keeping the spare...manifolds make it a world easier. But, individual valves have an advantage too. Air doesn't "slosh" around like it does with a manifold. But other than that and price, honestly its the only ways its better than a full kit like switchspeed. Now that I've dismantled a Vu-4 manifold to its very core, I'm amazed how far the technology has come since I started in air ride.

/sale pitch for switchspeed. :D

Also, the switch over from analog to digital.....not just an easy swap. You'll probably have to re-design your entire trunk around it.

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
damn it Mark, every time i think i have everything set up, i get advice from you and go back to square one. :lol:

obviously your tips are the most noteworthy to me because it seems like you, of all the people i've spoken to about bags, definitely know the most.

i do want switchspeed but that extra $300 is a killer because i made some promises to have my $900 ready to go for Analog in 2 weeks.

Last edited:

DJEuphoria

Go Kart Champion
the new South Park was awesome! makes me think there won't be many more new episodes soon. i feel like Matt & Trey were hinting at the fact that they're sick of making South Park towards the end of it.

plus i totally feel like Cynical Stan hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.