GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Online dating...

balius

Go Kart Champion
So what?! I like when it happens! Don't judge me!

What did you message her to start with? I never know what to say to chicks on dating sites. Feels weird to me.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
What did you message her to start with? I never know what to say to chicks on dating sites. Feels weird to me.
she actually said "hey" to me. so I said "hey there." weirdly enough we had a mutual friend on Facebook, and a very similar sarcastic personality. We hit it off after talking for a bit...she gave me her number.....boom. We talked ... basically wrote paragraphs to each other with each text for about two weeks before we agreed to meet.

First date, met at a restaurant, it lasted 4 hours and some kissing afterwards. it was so perfect.

balius

Go Kart Champion
she actually said "hey" to me. so I said "hey there." weirdly enough we had a mutual friend on Facebook, and a very similar sarcastic personality. We hit it off after talking for a bit...she gave me her number.....boom. We talked ... basically wrote paragraphs to each other with each text for about two weeks before we agreed to meet.

First date, met at a restaurant, it lasted 4 hours and some kissing afterwards. it was so perfect.

Sounds gay. in4pics.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion

Just write something generic and then copy/paste it to dozens of them.. They love it and can never tell that is what you did...:cool:

Personally I always tried to find something that was clearly unique to them or their profile that doesn't at first stand out. On most sites they get a quick preview of the first line or two of your message before they even click to read it so that is where you need to grab the attention. Whether it be something in the middle of a paragraph in their description or depending on the site maybe an explanation to an answer of a question. This showed that it was not a copy/paste generic letter and that you did read not just spamming everyone with a cute pic. In my experience it may not always get a response but it will almost always get a read and a look at your profile. Just like you don't send a letter to every single person you looked at, your message may have been fine but they may just not be into you when they check you out, but at least you know that you had the skill to get them to check you out... build off that. :thumbsup:

Also not sure this came up but NEVER EVER message someone, see they read it and then send another message ranting about how you know they read it and you want to know why they didn't respond (I'll allow every person this mistake once as a learning experience.. two times fix your game son!). While that may get a response, it will not be a positive one. You certainly don't want to go on a date with this person after. So just don't do it!

I've been in open relationships where we both still maintained profiles on dating sites, heck I've had girls I was seeing help me rework my profile ;)... so I have been privy to the girls side of this more then most men have and often given access to their inboxes to partake in the sarcastic responses to douches. Girls on dating sites are getting spammed constantly with copy/pastes, offers for quickies, dick pics, etc etc.. It makes it hard to get your message noticed and many times your message may have been missed. If you do chose to resend a message later, just pretend like you never sent one before.. don't start it with why didn't you respond last time and certainly don't be mean about it or demand anything.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
i dont like social media in a relationship
Me too. Really, the only social media part with my girlfriend and me, is that it says we're in a relationship on Facebook, and a couple of pictures. None of this posting on each other's wall nonsense letting the world see into our lives.

Chris@Revo USA

Go Kart Champion
I'm not on facebook or any other social media (well have a twitter to follow people but don't even read those anymore). Anyone I'm dating who is on there I make it very clear I don't give a crap what they put up there about me, can say they are dating me (can that even work if I'm not on it?), say they are single for all I care. Just don't ask me more than once about joining..

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Me too. Really, the only social media part with my girlfriend and me, is that it says we're in a relationship on Facebook, and a couple of pictures. None of this posting on each other's wall nonsense letting the world see into our lives.

My last gf messaged me all the time and we would talk about lots of stuff. After a while I would type something wrong and she would use it against me. Even the slightest thing. I was confused mostly. Although social media can be nice if used carefully. If I ever get another gf I will not rely on Facebook to communicate.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
My last gf messaged me all the time and we would talk about lots of stuff. After a while I would type something wrong and she would use it against me. Even the slightest thing. I was confused mostly. Although social media can be nice if used carefully. If I ever get another gf I will not rely on Facebook to communicate.
I agree. I'm assuming social media has ruined many, many relationships.