GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OT EPISODE #21: In NEEK We Trust.

Status
Not open for further replies.

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
urgent

what is vw's battery warranty? my car wouldn't start this morning, kept clicking. lights worked and stuff though, horn when lock wasn't very loud.

it's a little over two years old.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
urgent

what is vw's battery warranty? my car wouldn't start this morning, kept clicking. lights worked and stuff though, horn when lock wasn't very loud.

I don't think there's a warranty on batteries (like brakes and wiper blades) because it is a wear and tear item that needs to be replaced

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
I don't think there's a warranty on batteries (like brakes and wiper blades) because it is a wear and tear item that needs to be replaced
My car is still under warranty. I don't think the battery should've died? I didn't leave lights on or doors open or leave anything plugged in.

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
My car is still under warranty. I don't think the battery should've died? I didn't leave lights on or doors open or leave anything plugged in.

I don't ever hear anyone getting their battery warrantied after 2 years. I thought you were supposed to replace it every 2 - 3 years anyway??

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Hi OT.

razr390

Go Kart Champion
urgent

Happened to me but the car was a few months old. I called roadside assistance and made them tow it to my dealership, and I also made them replace it because I had shit to do that day and it didn't show symptoms of being weak or dead. That being said maybe you left your lights on or something?

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion

How many miles do you have on the car?

nuggstein

Go Kart Champion
How many miles do you have on the car?
My mom took the car in...VW roadside came and got the car. Apparently it was $80 to test the battery..what the hell?

Anyways, the battery is only covered for two years, and I just hit two years in April. Figures.

I didn't leave lights on or anything. Car was perfect last night. It wasn't dead, it just wouldn't start. Kept ticking when I turned key for ignition.

Radio, lights, xenons, they all worked.

shdwblugti

Go Kart Champion
They only tested it, not replaced it?
Dafuq?

Status
Not open for further replies.